Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Touareg last Fri and still can't find out how to synchronise the key to the memory. Read the manual but I couldn't find anything on the subject. I know this can be done, even with Keyless Start. Can anyone please tell me how to do that. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
328 Posts
vj said:
Just got my Touareg last Fri and still can't find out how to synchronise the key to the memory. Read the manual but I couldn't find anything on the subject. I know this can be done, even with Keyless Start. Can anyone please tell me how to do that. Thanks in advance.
It's something like, after you set the memory position, take the key out of the ignition, and hold the unlock and memory position number until it beeps. It's on the videotape if it's not in the printed manual.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
spockcat said:
I doubt they get the video tape in Hong Kong.
You know what? Bingo, Spock. What video... :anger:

Anyhow, I'll try what AZBob said, coz' I remember that's what I do with my previous allroad.

And yes, I do get a video with the allroad... :-$

·
Premium Member
4,837 Posts
1. Place Key in ignition, start the car
2. With all doors closed, adjust your seat and mirrors to where you like them
3. Press the "Set" Button on the seat.
4. Release the "Set" Button and immediately press and hold button "1", 2", or "3", depending on which seat you're trying to program
5. After you hear the car chime, IMMEDIATELY, and I do mean immediate turn the car off, take the key out of the ignition, and press and hold the "unlock" button on the remote. You will see the blinkers flash and the car chime.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ha Ha. Very funny. I'm 6" and my wife is 5"5 so it not as bad as in your case.

It sounds like I have to actually use the key to start the car in the first place for this procedure. I have been using the keyless start. Maybe that's why it doesn't work.

Steering on the right side as well...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
spockcat said:
1. Place Key in ignition, start the car
2. With all doors closed, adjust your seat and mirrors to where you like them
3. Press the "Set" Button on the seat.
4. Release the "Set" Button and immediately press and hold button "1", 2", or "3", depending on which seat you're trying to program
5. After you hear the car chime, IMMEDIATELY, and I do mean immediate turn the car off, take the key out of the ignition, and press and hold the "unlock" button on the remote. You will see the blinkers flash and the car chime.

Thanks Spockcat. It worked. :clap:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.