Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking on the market at different tunes...I see Malone, APR, Vividracing, Kerma, RaceChip...

Many of those are names I don't know but my be Euro and I'm just dumb. Some have better prices...some have better websites (at explaining) the process.

I'm an IT guy so not to concerned about some of these software upgrade while others don't explain much.

What's your experience?

Wishful thinking: Someone needs to supply us with of each to test and review!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Looking on the market at different tunes...I see Malone, APR, Vividracing, Kerma, RaceChip...

Many of those are names I don't know but my be Euro and I'm just dumb. Some have better prices...some have better websites (at explaining) the process.

I'm an IT guy so not to concerned about some of these software upgrade while others don't explain much.

What's your experience?

Try https://www.superchips.co.uk/
I have their remap on my R5 here in Australia and love it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Multiple v10tdi owner
709 Posts

What's your experience?

https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/kermatdi-tooele-utah-c432863.html

Not my experience, but a respected person I know has been saying these things in private to me for years.... your experience may be different...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
57 Posts
On my Touareg 292 HP and 499 FT-LBS.
On my A6 300.1 HP and 527 FT-LBS.
Also tuned a Cayenne Diesel with similar results as Touareg.

Tuning performed on a MAHA Dyno at Unitronic Headquarters in Montreal.

·
Registered
57 Posts

Additional note there are NO Emissions deletes on either vehicle however the A6 has no mufflers. I do not believe there are any performance gains without the muffler.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Radman...that's a beast of a tune on the T3. Is that there version of a Stage2 or are you in the stage3 world with bigger turbo and other hardware changes to get those numbers?

·
Registered
57 Posts
All stock and Stage 1 tune. The only modification is the Mufflers are removed on the A6, but I do not believe that makes any difference. Keep in mind the A6 has 20 more FT-LBS stock hence the higher numbers. Unitronic is preparing a release with the Dyno graphs etc shortly.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Here's another super happy customer with Malone Stage 2 with deletes... nice clean smooth power boost ... along with Yrktreg's transmission tune (back to stock)... I couldn't be happier! Would do it all over again! I pull a camper betimes, and it's a joy! I get 32 mpg with Treg alone, and will soon have hard numbers pulling my trailer's! 2013 executive TDI in Va.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Here's another super happy customer with Malone Stage 2 with deletes... nice clean smooth power boost ... along with Yrktreg's transmission tune (back to stock)... I couldn't be happier! Would do it all over again! I pull a camper betimes, and it's a joy! I get 32 mpg with Treg alone, and will soon have hard numbers pulling my trailer's! 2013 executive TDI in Va.
That's fantastic. I'm looking at doing the Stg 2 and keep the Blue crap and use Yrktreg's TCM... then see where I am.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have my eye on a Malone with a Flashzilla V3, there are some guys on here that use that set up and love them.
I bought the Flashzilla and the Malone stage 1 for my 3L TDI Cayenne last month. I already have the TCU reflash, although I still have a DTC until I can figure out how to recode it.

The stage 1 is rather underwhelming. Up to 90% accelerator pedal it drives exactly the same as the post fix calibration. It still has the same drivability complaints during normal driving as the regular post-fix calibration. I really don't want to delete all the emissions just to make it drive like it used to. FE is also unchanged with the stage 1. The torque increase is noticeable and makes it a bit quicker, but not mind blowing.
In hindsight I'd save the $750 (FZ + stg 1 cal) and just keep it stock. I sent Malone a few emails asking about the changes and they were rather coy as to the drivability changes; now I understand why.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I bought the Flashzilla and the Malone stage 1 for my 3L TDI Cayenne last month. I already have the TCU reflash, although I still have a DTC until I can figure out how to recode it.

The stage 1 is rather underwhelming. Up to 90% accelerator pedal it drives exactly the same as the post fix calibration. It still has the same drivability complaints during normal driving as the regular post-fix calibration. I really don't want to delete all the emissions just to make it drive like it used to. FE is also unchanged with the stage 1. The torque increase is noticeable and makes it a bit quicker, but not mind blowing.
In hindsight I'd save the $750 (FZ + stg 1 cal) and just keep it stock. I sent Malone a few emails asking about the changes and they were rather coy as to the drivability changes; now I understand why.
Thanks for input. I think you might be the only Stage 1 I've seen. Looks like most go the Stage 2 and have been pretty happy. Maybe they would let you pay the difference for an upgrade and get your moneys worth.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
About this Discussion
57 Replies
24 Participants
Eskimo1
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing