Club Touareg Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
HPFP failures among German automobiles tends to be highest in the world in North America. It's because our diesel fuel is extremely low quality compared to the rest of the world. If you live in the US, 100% you should be using an additive with your fuel. If you live in the rest of the country, I would run it just to be safe

·
Registered
MY17 Touareg Wolfsburg
25 Posts
Bringing up an old thread here, as I'm nearing 100,000km on the touareg that I recently purchased, I'm looking at preventative maintenance that can assist in prolonging injector and hpfp life. Intrested to know what your favourite snake oil is and if there's any others that can contribute on there experiences. I see flash lube is commonly reffered to here or lucas upper cylinder lubricant.

Some diesel additives have some bold claims and reading on some other forums they swear by cost effective maintenance brand CRD fuel enhancer, and FTC decarbonizer. Quite expensive stuff if purchasing in small amounts.

Others brands commonly used as a stabiliser conditioner and to add additional lubrication is Fuel doctor and others swearing by Chemtech diesel. Each will have there own opinions I guess.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Find one and use it. I've used power service for many years now, never had any fuel related issues(knock off wood)

21 - 23 of 23 Posts