Club Touareg Forum banner

Anyone with an RNS850 with vcds and pre-711 firmware?

4K views 27 replies 5 participants last post by  NTDI 
#1 ·
Need a little assistance in seeing if we can get the post fixed 711's to boot up a little faster.

If you have an RNS-850 with the pre-711 fix, and vcds please save your adaptation channels and email them to me.

Here is a link on how to back up all of your codings, and adaptation values.

Please scroll down about 1/2 the page until you see the heading:
Adaptation Channel Backup

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threa...-up-your-vehicle-using-ross-tech-vcds.324907/

#2 ·
I just bought my 2014 TDI Exec. Have not started to update anything since purchase, so I assume I have an old FW version. I have VCDS and will follow your instructions provided in link. Will send you a follow up message when completed next week.

#20 ·
agentsmith988:

I first tried a regular update and was told the sw version didn't match (thus I was denied an update). I actually have split firmware. MU version 706 with MOST version 142 (should be 711 as far as I can tell).

I had unlocked the green screen and performed an emergency update. It put me tot he exact same software I'm having problem with except it completely disabled my NAV system.

I am honestly quite frustrated as I can't do much of anything with it right now... I'd love to get it working right whether on 544 or 711 or something newer.... I wish we had a true EQ for custom settings.

Any suggestions how to fix it?

#27 ·
yrktreg thanks for starting this thread, the delayed startup after I updated to v711 is annoying.

Like we have discussed before system seemed to boot up from a "sleep" mode prior to the v711 update and now acts like it did a complete system shutdown when car is off for more than 20/30 minutes.

#28 ·
agentsmith988:

I tried the region code update according to these instructions: https://www.audienthusiasts.com/Infotainment_Emergency_Update.html

I placed the 2 directories and one file from the 711 firmware iso on the SD card. I had someone unlock the greenscreen (I don't have VCDS). Then I was able to make the settings and try an emergency update.

The update took about 20 minutes (I have the 90 Mb/s SD card).

After the update it said MU version 706 and MOST version 146 (should be 711 correct)?

This is the exact same problem. I'm not sure what else can be done....

Any other thoughts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.