Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
MY21 V8 R-Line Grey
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to open the green engineering menu. I can get to the point where it's visible to select, but it doesn't open.
Anyone had any success?

Pics and steps below, if anyone's prepared to have a go and report back...

You need:
A Touareg CR with Innovision and virtual cockpit
OBDEleven (VCDS can't do the below... yet)

Interestingly it's named "Green Engineering Browser Menu":

Font Terrestrial plant Multimedia Screenshot Slope

And clicking it does this:
Jaw Font Eyewear Wood Rectangle

I'm wondering if this is normal or if it's something about my car.

Putting the unit into developer mode
If anyone's prepared to see if they can replicate this...
1. Pop the bonnet.
2. OBDEleven, module 5F.
3. "Change Service", pick "development mode" and apply. (this is the bit that VCDS can't currently do)
4. Adaptations -> "developer mode" -> Activated. Apply. (this'll fail if previous step hasn't been done)
5. Press and hold the volume knob in the centre console until unit reboots.
6. System will reboot. Note that your on-screen shortcuts may change, but these come back when we turn off developer mode later.

** note, ODBEleven will lose its connection to 5F at this point, so a little later on it'll need to be reconnected.

Testing
1. Press and hold the "menu" icon. Service menu will appear.
2. Keep holding "menu" and eventually "TestMenu" will appear in the list. Tap that to get a view like the first image above.
3. See if you can get into the green menu!

Putting it back to normal
1. Reconnect ODBEleven, module 5F.
2. "Change Service", pick "development mode" and apply. (this doesn't persist between restarts, and has to be done to allow the next step to save properly)
4. Adaptations -> "developer mode" -> Deactivated (or not activated). Apply.
5. Press and hold the volume knob in the centre console until unit reboots.
It'll now be back as it was.

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,866 Posts
Why get into the green menu? There have been a lot of times where on the T3's for example people have bricked their infotainment systems or negatively changed characteristics of their vehicle which they couldn't reverse by messing around in the green menus.
Make sure you write down the pathway you used to get to a certain submenu and the original values before you change anything just in case.

Reactions: Vne

·
Premium Member
MY21 V8 R-Line Grey
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good advice, thank you.
I want to see what IP address it assigns to a USB ethernet dongle. Not planning on changing anything in there... I'm not crazy enough to do anything to brick my unit such as reflashing or tampering with memory addresses... but there's a file I want a little look at in the filesystem. I may not be able to get in at all.

·
Learner
MY21 Wolfsburg V6 Moonlight Blue
6,410 Posts
Same results here on mine, can't go further

Reactions: Vne
1 - 5 of 5 Posts