Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Is the carpet underneath wet? Anything on the a pillar, if you pull it down or on the fuse panel cover? If it on the a pillar might be a sunroof drain leak. If it seem to be coming up though the floor check the frame rail drains underneath.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the carpet underneath wet? Anything on the a pillar, if you pull it down or on the fuse panel cover? If it on the a pillar might be a sunroof drain leak. If it seem to be coming up though the floor check the frame rail drains underneath.
Its running down by the fuse panel cover for sure. So sun roof?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thats what mine was doing, Sunroof Drains would be the first place to look

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok makes sense as all kinds of crap is coming down from the woods behind me and my car is covered. Just started doing it last week too. Thank you

·
Registered
2006 V8 Touareg AIR, nav, hid
4,436 Posts
sunroof drains and / or cowl drains. I would check the cowl drains first as they are a lot easier to check.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
could be also under the sunroof frame. that is where mine was on my 15

·
Registered
55 Posts
My bet is on the sunroof drain. Just had the same today on my 2012 but in the rear. The line running from the connection point in the roof to the exit point in the rear fender got disconnected at the top joint. So in your case, the driver side front drain may either be clogged (possible for a 09) or simply disconnected as VW doesn't seem to take hose shrinkage through time into account when they put these in.

Before taking everything apart, first check under the A pillar by removing it (http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f43/removing-a-pillar-trim-52149.html) and see if you have water under the liner and try to see if the line is properly connected to the drain in the sunroof. If not connected or clogged it means that water seeping in the sunroof is running down the A pillar down in the fuse box to the footwell and carpet. I had the same happen to my wife's old Jetta (clogged in her case)

You can also find a similar thread about this here: http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f43/sun-roof-leaks-189714.html

Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts