Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow canucks.

I'm in search for a 3rd vehicle, and looking to buy a touareg.

i'm located in ontario.

Ive been lurking on this website for some time now, but decided to finally register.

If you are looking to sell your touareg, message me first

few things i'm looking for in my egg.

Air suspension, tow package, V8, and saftied.

there was a loaded one at north york Chrysler for $7000 that i was going to buy, but someone got to it one more day before i was able to buy it. It is still on there websites, but my post count is to low to post a link at this time.

So this is ideally what i want to buy, features, and price.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I hope you have taken the time to read this carefully:

Buying a used Touareg. What to look for. - myTreg forums

And that you know, on an early V8, that you may need to be doing the timing belt, tensioners, water pump and thermostat ASAP unless you know with 1,000% certainty they have all been changed within the last 80,000 miles or 5 years, whichever comes first.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link.

I have read it, i think 4 times now. lol

even read most of the DIY, and what can/will go wrong with the 04-06 V8 Tregs.
the multiple ways of doing the timing belt (bumper on or off)

rebuilding air pump , drive shaft. If there is a DIY or problem on this web page, i probably came across it in the last 2 months.

Definitely not a budget friendly car, but i have yet to own anything German that is.

The treg i'm looking at buying, wouldn't see more than 10,000km a year, if that.

I consider myself pretty handy around German cars, as that is all i have owned in the last 10 years, ranging form high mileage to new.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Good. At least you know what to look for and what to expect . . . unlike most used Touareg buyers!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good. At least you know what to look for and what to expect . . . unlike most used Touareg buyers!
I do see that a lot when searching for things like tow ratings, and why is my Treg doing what it is doing.
A ton of multiple threads.

That being said, you might see a post or 2 from me when things do go wrong ;) :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts