Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20,262 Posts
I think the guy made it for himself. Can you read the sticker on the bar?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Light Bar

here is another similar bar- no idea on manufacturer.
That looks like my old light bar. I bought it second hand off another member in NSW then I had it sandblasted and hot dipped galvanised with a nice silver that matched my R50 at the time.
I then sold it to another member just after I had traded my R50.

It was a home made-style of bar, but any fabricator should be able to gen one up. Basically tube steel for the U-shape then welded to another couple of pieces of tube steel for the mounting pins to pass through. The mount pins were screwed into the recovery points, so whatever size screw they are, then some recovery plugs welded to the end of the screws to allow for in place use when mounted. There were two light mounting points welded to the back of the top section of the bar that were redone by me on the back side. I had a pair of the Lightforce Genesis 210 Pro driving lights mounted. Between them and the Bi-Xenons there wasnt much I couldn't see !

Shouldn't be hard to print up some of the pic's and take them to a couple of steel fabricators in your area. They can easily measure up from both your Treg plus the photos to come up with a design and price. Even with materials, labour, sandblasting and hot dipping I'd expect change out of $1K. The sandblasting, hot-dipping and light mount welding only set me back $200 all up, and I paid an extra $50 to get a colour that matched my R50.

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Don't forget the tow attach fittings re LEFT HAND thread!

·
Registered
20,262 Posts
Good point!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.