Club Touareg Forum banner

161 - 176 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have the same Milenco mirrors. Work a treat. I fitted mine to the top but I might try the bottom as shown here.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I have the same and have always fitted to the top. Is there an advantage to fit them to the bottom? Cheers Ian

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have the same and have always fitted to the top. Is there an advantage to fit them to the bottom? Cheers Ian
Hi Imor, I wouldn't think any advantage to have them lower mounted, slight difference is the lower edge is a straight edge where the upper is arched but the mounting is designed to accommodate all sorts.

Thanks for feedback, my BIL has just acquired but not yet has had delivered his 2020 Treg and he tows a caravan.

Pete.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yes, you don't want the attached bar to clout the door as they fold in.

Pete

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi Imor, I wouldn't think any advantage to have them lower mounted, slight difference is the lower edge is a straight edge where the upper is arched but the mounting is designed to accommodate all sorts.

Thanks for feedback, my BIL has just acquired but not yet has had delivered his 2020 Treg and he tows a caravan.

Pete.
Pete I tow a 6 metre caravan and it tows a dream. Love the car intelligence to change shift positions, self levelling etc. Great til something goes wrong. Fingers crossed it is not in the outback!

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
1,847 Posts
I run Milenco Grand Aero mirrors. Had them on my 7L Touareg and will have them on the 7P R Line. I generally always used the upper portion of the existing mirror as the anchoring point. I also tethered a bungee strap to a post/hole under the bonnet and back to the Milenco mirror to assist with vibration/truck wind blast etc.

I found no issues folding the Touareg mirrors in with the Milenco's attached ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
200ish Km trip out to Gunning and back from Sydney. The trip there averaged 7.4L per 100km which was impressive. Uphill and headwind. The trip home I was flabbergasted with 5.4L/5.6L per 100km. Drove like a dream.
57B35811-D97B-44B1-AFEE-0E1811766DA0.jpeg
26A0D8A5-5B33-4E9D-A7E7-B62E62BD697F.jpeg

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Touareg Launch Edition
4 Posts
Hi everyone. Is anyone experiencing rough gear shifts in their new Touareg? I'm noticing rough changes and sometimes a 'bouncing' sensation in low gears on the up shift and creeping through bumper to bumper traffic (Melbourne!) really seems jerky. I've done 13,000 kms and it's been the same since new. I did mention it at the 3000km complimentary check but no issue found. Almost due for 15,000km service so will be mentioning again.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi everyone. Is anyone experiencing rough gear shifts in their new Touareg? I'm noticing rough changes and sometimes a 'bouncing' sensation in low gears on the up shift and creeping through bumper to bumper traffic (Melbourne!) really seems jerky. I've done 13,000 kms and it's been the same since new. I did mention it at the 3000km complimentary check but no issue found. Almost due for 15,000km service so will be mentioning again.
Haven’t noticed any issues. Have done 12000 km and changes are very smooth with or without caravan.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nop only done 2000km and as smooth as a babies backside

·
Learner
4,845 Posts
Shifting like a dream, done about 8k

161 - 176 of 176 Posts