Club Touareg Forum banner

141 - 160 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nice mods mate. Looks Great. I just drove from Vic to QLD towing a caravan and used 1L of oil. I'm going to get it looked at by VW when Im back in QLD next week, Ill let you all know.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
How do you know? Are you checking the oil as a routine?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I checked before leaving and was full, got a low oil level alert on the last day. It said to put in no more than 1L of oil (on display) I put in 1L and the indicator came to the full mark.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I checked before leaving and was full, got a low oil level alert on the last day. It said to put in no more than 1L of oil (on display) I put in 1L and the indicator came to the full mark.

·
Registered
43 Posts
A17B034B-E0D3-4EEC-8A83-E3666248EC71.png
Apparently the oil should be in the (b) section and not the (a) section. But please confirm this. My car was delivered in the (a) area and I plan to do an oil change at 1,000km and fill to the bottom of the (a).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sorry to jump your thread here. But REF servicing how comfortable are you guys with a 15000km service. I've always done them more regularly. Just seems too long.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sorry to jump your thread here. But REF servicing how comfortable are you guys with a 15000km service. I've always done them more regularly. Just seems too long.

Agree i do mid service oil and oil filter changes, always have and ironically have never kept a car longer than 3 years.
FYI the BMW X1 oil change and filter interval was 22,500km.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Agreed, 15,000 is just to long IMO. I do oil and oil filter every 7,500. I changed the air filters to K&N washable and service those as well. If you have air suspension you dont even need a jack. Fuel filter is fine every 15,000. Mine has just hit 70,000 and I'll be doing the transmission at 75,000.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Shot to Sydney from Canberra for the weekend. First time towing the van. Just an amazing tow vehicle. Just let the auto do it's thing in Normal mode and it was superb. Didn't find I needed sport but on large hills it could be nice. I tow a 2700kg (loaded) 19ft 2019 Cedar Evoke and kept forgetting I had it on. Such a smooth drive with endless power. I did note that comfort was too floaty with the van on so normal mode was better. No trouble from the alternator and baths charged nicely with fridge running. Coming from the Mitsubishi Triton to this is like the difference between a go kart and a space ship, I'm impressed. Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I see it's a bunk van you've got, so I assume you have kids in the back. How do you go with the 130kg ball weight limit as listed in the manual? I'm assuming the Cedar van has ball weight ~ 180kg?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I see it's a bunk van you've got, so I assume you have kids in the back. How do you go with the 130kg ball weight limit as listed in the manual? I'm assuming the Cedar van has ball weight ~ 180kg?
Hey mate, no dramas. Two adults so closer to the 280kg limit, only one 13kg toddler. Cedar vans has 160kg download. Once we get through this latest pregnancy we'll go to an LC200. Was too tall for my 4ft 9 wife.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Agreed, 15,000 is just to long IMO. I do oil and oil filter every 7,500. I changed the air filters to K&N washable and service those as well. If you have air suspension you dont even need a jack. Fuel filter is fine every 15,000. Mine has just hit 70,000 and I'll be doing the transmission at 75,000.
you guys know how to take off this plastic engine cover on the 3.0 V6 new Touareg, there is 2 grommets at the front but something is holding it towards the back. i need to change the paper filter to a K&N...cheers.

·
Registered
205 Posts
you guys know how to take off this plastic engine cover on the 3.0 V6 new Touareg, there is 2 grommets at the front but something is holding it towards the back. i need to change the paper filter to a K&N...cheers.
Hi Bruza, I am wondering what it is that makes you feel the "need" to change the filter to a K&N?

Pete

·
Registered
205 Posts
Does anyone with the new Touareg have a recommendation for towing mirrors? I have these Milenco mirrors for my R50 and they were also fine on my T3 before it.

I know Gerard was towing, what towing mirrors did you fit?

Regards Pete

IMG_0321.jpg

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the same Milenco mirrors. Work a treat. I fitted mine to the top but I might try the bottom as shown here.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Righto, thanks Gerard!

Regards

Pete

141 - 160 of 176 Posts