Club Touareg Forum banner

121 - 140 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah I guess. But I know I could have got a bit more off it. I ordered a month ago as the spec I chased was limited. There was only 1 left in Adelaide and it had to freighted to Gold Coast. When I enquired before Xmas, there was 4 of them so they must be popular. I am jealous as I really wanted Sound and Comfort for the stereo :) I managed to get the corporate Package with free servicing for 5 years included.

Anyway it’s done now. I pickup on Friday and will post pics.
Well. Are you happy and in your new car??

·
Registered
212 Posts
Gotta be happy with that

Pete

·
Registered
19 Posts
A couple of fresh observations. I drove the car back to Brisbane from the Gold Coast via Mount Tamborine to run her in. The torque in this car is sublime. In fact the whole drivetrain is silky smooth and a joy to drive. Power comes on tap without breaking a sweat.

I am very tall and always struggle a bit with fitment. Previous car was a 2017 CX9. The Touareg has more adjustment allowing me to get the wheel closer to me with my long legs. Seats are sooo comfy and the I really like the massage function with the heat/cool. Air suspension makes it like driving on a cloud.

I didnt get the innovation package and was worried I should have just been less of a tight ass. After spending time in it, I am totally happy with the 9.2inch display. I also like the fact you get normal buttons for HVAC. The screen is very clear and the quality of the standard stereo is night and day better than the Bose stereo that was in my CX9. I can only imagine how good the Dynaudio system is.

The matrix headlight system and ambient lighting in the car is very impressive as well.

So far, my only complaint is the lack of a sunglasses holder on the roof. Apart from that, I am a very happy chappy.

Time for another beer and to read the manual.

·
Registered
43 Posts
A couple of fresh observations. I drove the car back to Brisbane from the Gold Coast via Mount Tamborine to run her in. The torque in this car is sublime. In fact the whole drivetrain is silky smooth and a joy to drive. Power comes on tap without breaking a sweat.

I am very tall and always struggle a bit with fitment. Previous car was a 2017 CX9. The Touareg has more adjustment allowing me to get the wheel closer to me with my long legs. Seats are sooo comfy and the I really like the massage function with the heat/cool. Air suspension makes it like driving on a cloud.

I didnt get the innovation package and was worried I should have just been less of a tight ass. After spending time in it, I am totally happy with the 9.2inch display. I also like the fact you get normal buttons for HVAC. The screen is very clear and the quality of the standard stereo is night and day better than the Bose stereo that was in my CX9. I can only imagine how good the Dynaudio system is.

The matrix headlight system and ambient lighting in the car is very impressive as well.

So far, my only complaint is the lack of a sunglasses holder on the roof. Apart from that, I am a very happy chappy.

Time for another beer and to read the manual.
What a brilliant review. Very happy for you. One more sleep for me and I’ll be sliding/climbing in mine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Took delivery today in Sydney and clocked up 100km in very moist conditions. Very happy with the car overall.
Likes, quiet, comfortable, responsive, good vision.
Dislikes, no speed limit/speed warning HUD, steering wheel could be thicker, door arm rest seem a mile away.
Have noticed foggy front lights? This normal??

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
1,855 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Shot to Sydney from Canberra for the weekend. First time towing the van. Just an amazing tow vehicle. Just let the auto do it's thing in Normal mode and it was superb. Didn't find I needed sport but on large hills it could be nice. I tow a 2700kg (loaded) 19ft 2019 Cedar Evoke and kept forgetting I had it on. Such a smooth drive with endless power. I did note that comfort was too floaty with the van on so normal mode was better. No trouble from the alternator and baths charged nicely with fridge running. Coming from the Mitsubishi Triton to this is like the difference between a go kart and a space ship, I'm impressed.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
212 Posts
Nice looking rig that both units.

Pete

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello. Hand the new toy (MY20 premium, innovision, sound and comfort) for over a week now however have a few small issues that there may be fixes for or ar known issues.
  1. The 360 camera is very dark at night when reversing. There are no lights on the side of the car the same way there is on the Passat (under side mirrors) and that I had on my BMW X1 (under each handle). Is there a fix for this or something I’m missing.

2. Park assist has a melt down when finding a spot it can’t get into in one hit. It starts to reverse and then it goes forward and then stops turning the steering wheel from left to right, left to right until I disengage.
  3. The Parking censers often turn on when I slow down before an intersection with nothing near the front of the car, no gutter or slope .
  4. When I sit in the car to fiddle with settings ignition on however engine is off I get a minute in when I get the warning 12v is running low and it switches off
  5. I have also had one occasion where the main screen went blank and turned on after 5 minutes it’s seemed to freeze and do a reset
Just wondering if this is a new car thing and will sort itself out as software updates become available or do I head back to the dealer and ask them to check things out?
Where can I also check out where and what the latest software update is?

many thanks for any guidance.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello. Hand the new toy (MY20 premium, innovision, sound and comfort) for over a week now however have a few small issues that there may be fixes for or ar known issues.
  1. The 360 camera is very dark at night when reversing. There are no lights on the side of the car the same way there is on the Passat (under side mirrors) and that I had on my BMW X1 (under each handle). Is there a fix for this or something I’m missing.

2. Park assist has a melt down when finding a spot it can’t get into in one hit. It starts to reverse and then it goes forward and then stops turning the steering wheel from left to right, left to right until I disengage.
  3. The Parking censers often turn on when I slow down before an intersection with nothing near the front of the car, no gutter or slope .
  4. When I sit in the car to fiddle with settings ignition on however engine is off I get a minute in when I get the warning 12v is running low and it switches off
  5. I have also had one occasion where the main screen went blank and turned on after 5 minutes it’s seemed to freeze and do a reset
Just wondering if this is a new car thing and will sort itself out as software updates become available or do I head back to the dealer and ask them to check things out?

Seems strange Matt, nothing like that with mine. I'd take it back for a review, keep us posted.

·
Registered
19 Posts

No such problems from my end. Hope you get this sorted.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Had my car (premium, innovation sound and comfort) for almost a month now and in that time had some work done to it. Upon taking delivery we noticed a paint defect that required a back bar respray so I had the crazy idea of taking away most of the chrome. So front grill, and lower back got gloss black with all other chrome being colour matched. Very happy indeed. (Was a tight ass and didn’t want to pay extra for the R and this only set me back $1900). Now all that’s left is the window trim and roof rails which will get gloss black wrap. Pimped? hardly. Holding on to my youth? Desperately. Lol
Some before and after.
8C069EB6-1049-4EB8-A410-176253E67EEB.jpeg
43E0CC41-01EE-4B58-91C3-92F0AC0CEBFD.jpeg
5E7A3CD7-9CE3-49CA-B8B9-274D44637C96.jpeg
E53F5A51-78C3-4F05-B10B-E27E4F1E2767.jpeg
15E49317-FFD4-42EE-B9A4-2E6A8BCE8600.jpeg
780429A3-0200-473F-A989-F14F658AF65D.jpeg

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nice mods mate. Looks Great. I just drove from Vic to QLD towing a caravan and used 1L of oil. I'm going to get it looked at by VW when Im back in QLD next week, Ill let you all know.

121 - 140 of 176 Posts