Club Touareg Forum banner

61 - 80 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

Just bought an ex-demo as they had a good deal going. Odo was reading 5k.

Got the 2019 launch edition in blue + innovision + sunroof + 5y service plan for $89k.

Traded my 15yr old Kluger for 3k.

Did an extended 2hr test drive around Sydney and loved the drive.

Pick it up after finance goes through in about a week or two.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello fellow Treg owners. I have a new MY20 Touareg Premium on its way in white with Sunroof. I have ordered the electronic brake controller and towbar with it. My broker has had to source it from Adelaide, so it might take a few weeks to get to Brisbane.

I didn't order any of the remaining option packs. I really wanted the sound system (Sound and Comfort pack), but it only comes with the Innovation pack so it adds a sizable chunk to the price. When I had a launch edition for a day a few weeks back, I was disappointed that the big screen with the innovation pack only showed CarPlay in a window the size of the 9.2inch that comes standard. I use Carplay exclusively so I figured the standard setup was good enough for me.

This Treg will be the family hauler (coming from a CX-9) and we bought it to tow a caravan. So air suspension was the big ticket for me.

Anyway, super excited. Will post some pics when I get her.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Just into my 3rd one............. a Launch Edition with Innovision & roof in Pure White.
Am enjoying the the improved insulation, fit & finish. Boot floor space is significantly bigger than the previous.
Battery now resides under your feet.
Engine is EU5 emissions 190kW CVM (ie. no Adblue, no stop/start)

Immediate annoyances;
No Area View.
No TMC & TSR ( Volkswagen Australia for heavens sake, get with the program ) grrrrr..........

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,024 Posts
Just into my 3rd one............. a Launch Edition with Innovision & roof in Pure White.
Am enjoying the the improved insulation, fit & finish. Boot floor space is significantly bigger than the previous.
Battery now resides under your feet.
Engine is EU5 emissions 190kW CVM (ie. no Adblue, no stop/start)

Immediate annoyances;
No Area View.
No TMC & TSR ( Volkswagen Australia for heavens sake, get with the program ) grrrrr..........
Good to see you (finally) back amongst the fold.
Congrats on the new car, she sure is purdy. Would like to see her in her glory one evening. Have you managed to hack the interior LED module to get some sort of disco effect happening? :LOL:

·
Registered
68 Posts
In my selection process to buy my first towing car (test driven everything with towing capacity of 3ish ton) I have narrowed it down to two cars one of which is the Touareg and I’m considering the R-line option only because I have a tight car space at home that I need to reverse my car into. I know the 4 wheel steer works at opposite directions from front to back under 35km/h reducing the turning circle from 12.2m to 11.2m however does anyone know what happens to the 4 wheel steer in reverse?

Dealer doesn’t know and VW Australia hasn’t answered my online question from two weeks ago ? I’d greatly appreciate any info.

Looking at getting 190TDI Premium, white, innovision, sound/comfort $97,500 however the best price I can get as above with R-line is $108,000.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Matt, take a look at this video on the RS6. VAG has been introducing 4WS to all its models recently so I would imagine they would all operate very similarly -

I would e very surprised if it didn't work when reversing. The whole idea of 4WS is to make it easier in city conditions and parking is one of the things that is more difficult when you have a car just shy of 5m.

BTW: Good price. Through my broker, the best I could get was $91,800 for white, sunroof, towbar and electronic brake controller with 5 years free servicing. So $97.5 for all the fruit isn't bad at all.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’ve linked the video of the RS6 right at the point where he shows the rear wheels turning while sitting still. I realise you still need to confirm it on the veedub. Have a look on car sales where the r-lines are and call them to check it :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Doesn't the RS6 only have a tow capacity of 2.1 tonnes? Also unsure on air suspension.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ack, most likely. VW have some great animated videos on YouTube explaining the 4 wheel steer and dampening systems

·
Registered
19 Posts
I see in this thread a user buying additional wheels. Was this from VW direct? I have the Toureg Premium coming but the only part I don’t like is the wheels. Much prefer the wheels on the launch edition or the wheels on some of the European R lines which are like the wheels on the Tiguan R Lines they sell locally. Anyone have an idea of cost for the wheels through VW?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I see in this thread a user buying additional wheels. Was this from VW direct? I have the Toureg Premium coming but the only part I don’t like is the wheels. Much prefer the wheels on the launch edition or the wheels on some of the European R lines which are like the wheels on the Tiguan R Lines they sell locally. Anyone have an idea of cost for the wheels through VW?
Too much I'd say. I think I saw 1 wheel was about $1250

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
[Post deleted

61 - 80 of 207 Posts