Club Touareg Forum banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Interested to hear you thoughts? good / bad?

Price you paid for it?
Got one for my wife about 2 mths ago. Launch edition with all the fruit. Big screen, sunroof etc. Overall quite impressed. Excellent economy (sub 7l/100 on trips) and full of gadgetry. Seems solid and drives well. Only done 6k so far but am quietly impressed to date. Just wanted a smaller suv as we have 200 series and patrol. We use it for long trips regularly and expect to do around 40k per year alternating with the bigger vehicles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just locked in mine. 190TDI Premium + innovision + comfort + sunroof + tow bar in aquamarine. I pick it up on the 23rd Jan. Would be earlier if not for work travel. Looking forward to it. Now have to sell the my16!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Just locked in mine. 190TDI Premium + innovision + comfort + sunroof + tow bar in aquamarine. I pick it up on the 23rd Jan. Would be earlier if not for work travel. Looking forward to it. Now have to sell the my16!
How much did you pay for it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi All,

First post. Thought I'd add my experience. I've just ordered an MY20 Premium, never had a Treg before and was upgrading from a 2015 Triton that wasnt cutting the mustard with a growing family and new caravan. We were actually in the market for a second hand model, but after driving the new model just for a comparison, we decided to go new. Really looking forward to getting the vehicle towards the end of the month and discovering all the Treg goodness. Ended up with no options, Silicone Grey. For $85, 750 drive away.
We will get an aftermarket Tow bar and tow pro elite, also considering fitting a roof platform.

·
Super Moderator
1,698 Posts
Welcome Gerard, nice work.

What city/location mate?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Good job Gerrard, looking forward to seeing photos.

Pete.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the Launch edition and am loving it. It is great both on and off the road.
I bought a second set of wheels and had them painted black and am going to put a set of more off road orientated tyres for my trips. I have also purchased some new VW wheel centres and wheel nut covers that I am yet to put on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice, what's the smallest rim that will fit? Thinking of getting some 17" blank steelies drilled and some AT tyres for offroad.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice, what's the smallest rim that will fit? Thinking of getting some 17" blank steelies drilled and some AT tyres for offroad.
I understand that at the launch in Morocco they had 18" wheels fitted with all terrain tyres. I think you may struggle with 17's and the front calipers. The PCD and off set are different on this model as well. The standard wheels have a 5/112 pcd and 33mm off set.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a dealer fitted original towbar which has caused no negatives at all. It senses connection and turns off the rear sensors and does other changes such as kick down speeds. Couldn’t be better

·
Registered
33 Posts
I see you have a caravan in your pic. Where did you get the towbar fitted and what type? Any interference with the sensors?
I had southern Volkswagen in Adelaide fit a genuine tow bar and wiring because of the rear sensors and other systems expensive and no issues there are some other pics previously

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a dealer fitted original towbar which has caused no negatives at all. It senses connection and turns off the rear sensors and does other changes such as kick down speeds. Couldn’t be better
a Few quick questions re towba, 1 did it effect the automatic tailgate/foot opening sensor (it disables it on the X5). 2 do we get the Tow Assist feature in Australia ?

41 - 60 of 81 Posts