Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
The US isn't getting the Generation 3 T5.

Someone is picking one up on the UK site shortly and promised a review.

www.mytreg.com

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
But we still want reviews and people talking about the new Touareg Here! :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i'm interested in real life reviews, especially from Australia where it's just launched.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I sat in the new vehicle at the dealership the other day and even though it did look nice, the black plastic trims on the doors looked very cheap.

I think the new generation Touareg is too overpriced, coming in at $113,000 drive away (in Australia) for the Launch edition (with the 180kw engine and the bigger infotainment screen).

That is the same money I paid for my R-Line V8 TDi, when it was newly released, not run-out pricing.

I would hate to see what the pricing of the equivalent V8 TDi is when it is released in Australia (either later this year, or early next year).

BTW, I think the massage function in the front seat is a gimmick and will speed up the wear in the seat foam/leather. Would want to be buying a second hand one that h

PS. They have just launch two new models. Jump on CarAdvice.com.au and check out the pricing of the low powered and more powerful TDi engines.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
For better or for worse, I think that VW single-handedly killed off the North America TDI market. I don't expect to see a TDI return, but anything is possible.

·
Registered
490 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes at $113k Aus is way too much, i'm hoping a demo would be available later on for $90 - $95k if the sales aren't too good.

I've watched all the reviews on youtube for the Aus launch model and still interested.

I'm just wondering if some aussies have purchased it already.

·
Super Moderator
1,701 Posts
I know of some owners who have purchased the Launch Model for $98k drive-away.

You need to put your bargaining shoes on and talk to the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
1,701 Posts
yes, I believe so.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Was that with the innovation package? that's what really makes the car..
Would be surprised, if they got all the options that this one had.

Fully kitted Launch Edition should have:

Innovision package
- Digital Instrument Display - Full
- Information Display - Head Up
- Speed Zone Reminder - Road Sign Recognition
- Scuff Plates - Embossed or personalised

Paint - Metallic/Pearl Effect

Panoramic glass sunroof
- Wind Deflector
- Sunroof - Electric
- Glass Roof - with Power Blind​

The ones I saw online for $98k had none of the above and were white.

I did also see some advertised around $115k to a high of $118k.

NOTE: Thanks to the current draconian state government in Victoria, we also have to pay an additional "luxury" stamp duty on all cars over $100k. I believe this may be around 2%. Add this as well to the cost of those optioned up in Victoria.

I know deals are made. I got a good deal on mine, fully loaded with sunroof, but doubt $10k discounts on stock that has just come into the country.

Also checked demo stock, and there isn't that much of a difference to justify picking up a vehicle that has been test driven by god knows who and under what conditions. I would be suspect of any demo stock. Some of these would have been press or media cars. They are driven pretty hard.

Good luck.

PS. I would look for a good used example of a previous generation R-Line V8 TDi, they are selling for half the cost new, is more powerful, and are bargains. Just get it checked out properly before buying.

·
Super Moderator
1,701 Posts
Would be surprised, if they got all the options that this one had.

Fully kitted Launch Edition should have:
Innovision package
- Digital Instrument Display - Full
- Information Display - Head Up
- Speed Zone Reminder - Road Sign Recognition
- Scuff Plates - Embossed or personalised

Paint - Metallic/Pearl Effect

Panoramic glass sunroof
- Wind Deflector
- Sunroof - Electric
- Glass Roof - with Power Blind​
The ones I saw online for $98k had none of the above and were white.

I did also see some advertised around $115k to a high of $118k.

NOTE: Thanks to the current draconian state government in Victoria, we also have to pay an additional "luxury" stamp duty on all cars over $100k. I believe this may be around 2%. Add this as well to the cost of those optioned up in Victoria.

I know deals are made. I got a good deal on mine, fully loaded with sunroof, but doubt $10k discounts on stock that has just come into the country.

Also checked demo stock, and there isn't that much of a difference to justify picking up a vehicle that has been test driven by god knows who and under what conditions. I would be suspect of any demo stock. Some of these would have been press or media cars. They are driven pretty hard.

Good luck.

PS. I would look for a good used example of a previous generation R-Line V8 TDi, they are selling for half the cost new, is more powerful, and are bargains. Just get it checked out properly before buying.
The "owner" I spoke to, confirmed...it was the Launch Blue Colour, had all launch options fitted, including the info/entertainment package. I questioned them on this at length, as the price was extraordinary, and told them so. They agreed, and told me they were very happy with the deal.

I cannot disclose thru this forum how I had this conversation, nor where in Australia this person resides, BUT, it is a conversation that I had with my work responsibilities, and all those details had some sort of substance/disclosure in respect to the formal conversation we had.

In other words, absolutely no doubt it was a Launch Edition, fully loaded.

Also, it was not the changeover price after trade-in...as they told me what they traded. Think Q. Think 7.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I expect the pricing of the Launch Edition (which is MY19 spec) to drop.

They have just announced the MY20 models, that have various trim levels (with same 190kw engine).

Check out the CarAdvice article:

https://www.caradvice.com.au/777681/2020-volkswagen-touareg-pricing-specs/

They mention that the MY20 is $10k cheaper than MY19, but missed out on nice to have options. To option them up with MY19 options, it would only cost $5k extra (so MY20 is $5k cheaper).

You just need to wait till later in the year for the MY20 to arrive into the country.

Interestingly you can option up three packages for the Premium model, which is $85,490 plus on-road costs:

Innovision Package $8000
Sound and Comfort Package $8000
R-Line Package $8000

Plus there is panoramic sunroof ($3000), and metallic paint ($2000).

Wow.... $29,000 if you tick all three packages and add sunroof and what a premium color (plus on-roads).

And as most add a tow bar, you will want to get a factory fitted tow bar, so that the Touareg will reverse itself. add another grand or two.

I think they are trying to get close to Audi Q7 pricing, without having the more premium materials of the Q7.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I think my earlier recommendation of picking up a good example of a late model R-Line V8 TDi (fully loaded) may be the way to go, rather than picking up the latest model.

You can save the difference and buy brand new Golf GTi or even a Golf R as a fun second car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There has been a full spec demo for $96k drive away in Melb. I have bought a new fully spec for $102k drive away.
Thanks that's a good price you save nearly $11k drive away.

At least i know what the ball park figure to aim for would be.

How is the drive? worth every cent?

1 - 20 of 82 Posts