Club Touareg Forum banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

Registered
Yes they are quite loud. I think I would grow tired of the constant drone. The only drone I want is the constantly changing drone of my low frequencies. 馃槀 ... are you driving a VR6?

Registered
T1 V8 - 85,000 miles

Registered
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
I've come full circle. After first planning to have a sub in the spare tire well and then the side panel so as not to take up any room, I am having an enclosure built for the "trunk" area. I worked on the dimensions with an excellent sound guy and I'll integrate my fly rod holder into the top of it. Hopefully it does not interfere with storage too much, but it will be removeable as needed.

Scheduled to go in next week.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Finally done after a few delays. Did the sub, dsp, and speakers.

I am very happy with the system. I don't listen past 50% too often, but it really shines when loud. sub 1.jpg sub.jpg

Registered
16 TDI Lux
Beautiful!

What subs did you go with? Side or down firing?
Which speakers were changed and to what?
And which model Match DSP?

If it's tuned properly I bet it sounds great!

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Beautiful!

What subs did you go with? Side or down firing?
Which speakers were changed and to what?
And which model Match DSP?

If it's tuned properly I bet it sounds great!

Thanks! It is a down firing sub, Focal 12". There is one subwoofwer on the left side of the enclosure with space in the right chamber if I want to add another in the future. 100% sure I won't want to!

I changed out both the front and rear, also with Focal (6.5"). It is a Match 62DSP, purchased from a member on here and recommended by another member (possibly you months ago!).

Yes I think the installer did a good tuning job and it does sound great. I went back for a "tweak" to the tuning about a week after it was done and they took a bit of bass out. I love it now.

Registered
16 TDI Lux
Mine sounds good with stock speakers, I can only imagine what the focals sound like!

It is a very beautiful and elegant design.

Registered
That does look sharp. I love focal speakers. One of the best! That box looks great! I bet that does sound really nice especially with the sound processor.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Thanks guys, yes I think it looks as good as it sounds. The builder/installer had a specific volume in mind that he wanted to achieve for that sub. We went back and forth a few times with the LxWxH measurements so we could get that volume and still have the type of useable space I wanted.

As far as the actual design and materials, it was all him and it actually came out way better than I envisioned. He is really a top notch craftsman and sound guy.

An interesting side note is that he got the height and angle just right so the tip of the fly rods sit under the rearview mirror without hitting it. Priorities!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Yes, the rod holder is a must! The company is Innovative Mobile Electronics in Wilbraham, MA. Nick Frazier is the owner and I can't speak highly enough of him or the company.

Definitely worth the trip for anyone in the vicinity.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts