Club Touareg Forum banner
241 - 255 of 255 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I went to perform maintenance on my kessy and ended up damaging the component between the MOSFETs, does anyone know if this component is a resistor or capacitor and its value?

Olá foi realizar a manutenção no meu kessy e acabou danificando o componente entre os
MOSFETs, alguém sabe se este componente é um resistor ou capacitor e seu valor?
Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Microcontroller Capacitor

· Registered
5,666 Posts
@Touaregman33 get yo moderating ass in here you're not getting out of this

· Registered
5,666 Posts

· Registered
5,666 Posts
Reactions: Touaregman33

· Registered
2010 TDI
557 Posts
Hello, I went to perform maintenance on my kessy and ended up damaging the component between the MOSFETs, does anyone know if this component is a resistor or capacitor and its value?

Olá foi realizar a manutenção no meu kessy e acabou danificando o componente entre os
MOSFETs, alguém sabe se este componente é um resistor ou capacitor e seu valor? View attachment 253952
The red arrow is a capacitor, but I don't know the value. Perhaps someone with an old board can de-solder it and measure the capacitance.

· Registered
2010 TDI
557 Posts
I accidently destroyed the chip or thing between the two MOSFETs. Will that affect the function of the kessy?
I would venture to say the Kessy module will not work as designed.. It is a capacitor, and it is there in the circuit for a reason.

· Registered
2010 TDI
557 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Do you know or have the number of this capacitor so I can order it?
I do not. As I stated above, the best bet would be for someone with a module to remove it and measure the capacitance. Ebay may have a cheap Kessy module available to get that capacitor from if the module itself is dead or unusable.

· Registered
123 Posts
I bought a Touareg V10 TDI last week with a battery drain issue.
I suspect the kessy module Mosfets... I looked for replacement fets on farnell's website and they recommend to use IRFZ34N Mosfets instead of IRFZ24N Mosfets. They have much greater current capacity and lower RDSon resistance. Has anyone tried those IRFZ34N mosfets?
Just some info I came across diagnosing my Kessy.
I was having issues which turned out to be the door handles themselves.
I had bought 6 of the IRFZ24NSTRLPBF to repair the unit but when I opened it, I was surprised to find different transistors in place which can be seen in the pic.
Maybe these will work better with the units having problems.
The unit part number is also different. This is on a '06 V10.
Forgot to take a pic of the 6 resistors but I measured them and got 0.4 ohms, so don't know if it will measure different not soldered to the PCB.

BTW if someone wants the transistors and resistors, you can take them off my hands as I am not going to use them.

Hope this helps someone else!!
So I ordered the same parts as everyone else on this thread, for my 06 4.2

However like Tregv10, I noticed the Mosfets on my board were actually different. Rated at 35a. Computer technician tested mosfets and found outer component to be bad with some evidence of heat on it.

He warned me the mosfet I ordered was different, suggested likely it will mean they will not last long, but I said **** it and am having him solder on. Not ideal, wish I wasn’t lazy enough to check first but I’m sure it will work.

Note the part number on the 06 models

EDIT: vehicle fired right up no issues. All handles functioning properly. They were working fine previously.

I will say, I still have a cricket sound from the dash when I drive off. Is that noise supposed to go away?
Circuit component Product Hardware programmer Electronic component Electronic engineering

Light Motor vehicle Car Automotive tire Vehicle

241 - 255 of 255 Posts