Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
256 Posts
There are over a dozen places online that say they will rebuild your ECM like AES provides ECU ECM TCM PCM BCM Control Modules Automotive Electionic Solutions Main and ECU/ECM/TCM/BCM/ICM Rebuilding Service and Auto Computer Systems - quality auto ecu, tcu, & ebcm units,engine control units/modules/computers(ECU,ECM,ECC) & transmission control units(TCU,TCM,TCC to name a few. They say they can rebuild it for about $400. Has anyone tried that? It would sure save the cost and hassle of dealer key reprogramming if the original code was retained.
You can have new one for $480 and it will be newer model.

Attachments

· Premium Member
256 Posts
Thanks for the pictures.
I checked my KESSY and the resistors (0.22 ohm) are fine, they might have been removed to separate portions of the circuit. It's a fusible resistor.
The transistor is a MOSFET and I just ordered few at buck a piece from here.
I'll let you know if it help me.
Cheers.

· Premium Member
256 Posts
I just replaced the two MOSFETs and bingo! It's working .
So far anyway.
My wife just took one daughter to piano lesson (15 min drive) and reported that it still works.
I'm hoping it stays that way.
Thanks again Bobby.
Cheers.

· Premium Member
256 Posts
I believe those are fusible resistors, hard to find in that size. You could just wire it out to 0.25A glass fuse just to see if it works.
My antennas measured around 8 ohms. One was 54 ohms and it was bad (bumper left). I changed it.

· Premium Member
256 Posts
I was lucky, I didn't have to replace any.
You could just measure them with ohm meter since they're close to a short it will be very obvious if it's blown open.
Good luck soldering, those thing are so small.
Cheers.
Question to Krakonosh and Bobby78.

My Kessy lost communication with the antennas long ago. So...

How to find out which resistors went kaput? Surely, the two transistors will have to be replaced, but there are quite a few resistors on that thing...

Thanks!

P.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts