Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Banned
Joined
·
7,136 Posts
Now I could say that I had KESSY module rebuild. The totall was about 165$ (including parts and labour). One more transistor has been replaced in my KESSY module and everything works fine now. You dont have to pay for the new KESSY ECU, its adaptation and keys matching. Just find good radiotechnician around and you will save a lot for beer, whiskey or whatever you like.
I'm assuming that the radio technician supplied you the new transistors?



 

· Banned
Joined
·
7,136 Posts
Yes, ofcourse. And I think that parts total not more then 10-30 USD.
Ok, thank you again!

One last question, albeit a dump one I suppose but I have to ask. When you remove the Kessy black box, the the vehicle will not be operational with out it? Assuming this is the case, how many hours or days of downtime did you have to put up with? This is important to me since my Touareg is my daily driver.



 

· Banned
Joined
·
7,136 Posts
vwW12, its basically the reliance of "equipement" to do all the work for us that has rendered the northern part of the "west" just stupid. What you wrote reminded me of the story where a man had an overgrown heart here in Canada, and other than the usual medication, and time wasting protocol procedures that did nothing, he seeked this operation in the middle of nowwhere in South America, that the geniouses in Medical institutes of both USA and Canada, ahem, frowned upon. Long story short, they take the heart out, slice down the unwanted overgrown sections, stitch it back up and done. This procedure, as simplistic as it sounds, is a tried and tested method "down there". But no, we in the richer civilized part of the globe no better :rolleyes:. Anyways....back to the Kessy module, to me the similiraties of finding trained mechanics who are capable of using their heads is striking in similiarity to todays Doctors in this part of the globe.

Hope I didn't offend anyone on here, but I call them as I see them.



 

· Banned
Joined
·
7,136 Posts
Yet another KESSY success. I put the two new MOSFETs on the board last week and nothing happend, so I pulled it and checked over all the resistors, cleaned it up and remounted the MOSFETs and it's now working great.

There seems to be a little bit of erratic behavior but I haven't check the codes yet.

Take your time and it seems to be a great fix. Thanks guys!!!

BTW, though my resistors were not bad (I did have to re-solder one of the small one's of the source side) they were not of the same size that was mentioned in one of the earlier posts, there was actually quite a variance in the sizes on the board, so check it before you replace it.

Thanks again.
Let us know if the erratic behavior still continues once you clear the codes again. It has been reported that clearing the codes has been known to smooth out the operation afterwards.


Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App



 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top