Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, looking for some tires to fit, very few to choose from, one of them is Kumho MT51s and i like them, but they seem a bit soft, and worried about tread life, if anyone has any experience with them i will be thankful :)
kind regards. Nikoloz

Attachments

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Probably ar too chunky for 99% of Touareg owners!

Thank goodness for the 1% I say!!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey nooby how are you doing :) glad you responded :) ita a bit more than an AT tire, picking up OEM 17'' wheels for only 100$ and want to fit good tires to be able go on moderate off-road trails with my friends and colleges. we have been on few runs and i didn't let touareg down even with blizzaks and made everyone regret everything they thought touareg was not capable off road car :D will upload and share with you guys :) so now wanted to know about these Kumhos but i suspect no one will respond, only fingers crossed about Australian guys as this tire is more or less ''popular'' there :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Kumho are popular here and have a good reputation. Any mud tyre will wear quicker than an AT or road tyre. Will these be used as a second set of wheels, to be fitted only for your off-road adventures?
I have a set of General Grabbers which are designated an AT but I reckon are at the MT end of the spectrum. (ie an open pattern but not a true mud tyre). I don't leave them on the car all the time, although laziness means they don't get rested as much as they should. They are wearing well but are noisey. Your Kumos look like they will also require a higher volume setting on the radio.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kumho are popular here and have a good reputation. Any mud tyre will wear quicker than an AT or road tyre. Will these be used as a second set of wheels, to be fitted only for your off-road adventures?
I have a set of General Grabbers which are designated an AT but I reckon are at the MT end of the spectrum. (ie an open pattern but not a true mud tyre). I don't leave them on the car all the time, although laziness means they don't get rested as much as they should. They are wearing well but are noisey. Your Kumos look like they will also require a higher volume setting on the radio.
thank you, I have 20'' 18'' and now 17'' wheels. 18'' are used for winter driving with blizzaks on them, for the rest of the time im using 20'' wheels with cooper LTZ AT tires but we all know that off roading with 20'' wheels are not a good idea, especially when tires are now 2/3 worn, so now i want to put 17'' wheels are good tires for off road adventures and use 20'' only for city driving :) i have driven FJ cruiser with the tires i want, they were almost new and seemed very quite, now off course FJ is ''body on frame'' structure and it will fill quiet and more comfy than unybody touareg, but still impressed me as i was expecting much more noise, (more then hankook RF10 i had few years back)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts