Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the RNS850 you can play movies, but unless your Touareg came equipped with the RSE (rear seat entertainment) from the factory it is crazy expensive to just add rear seat monitors.

Anyone else want to do this for their family besides me?

I'm looking into and will keep everyone posted if there is interest.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I haven't done it because I rarely drive around with anyone in back, but many on the Mercedes GL forum have hung ipads or equivalent on the head rests and say they do a good job of playing the movies.

·
Premium Member
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't done it because I rarely drive around with anyone in back, but many on the Mercedes GL forum have hung ipads or equivalent on the head rests and say they do a good job of playing the movies.
Thanks for the reply, funny as I was seriously thinking about going this route.

But I really like the idea of being able to control the movie from the RNS, especially for going on a long family vacation road trip.

Just thinking that playing the first movie from Jr's tablet would be easy, but when that movie is over, or he gets bored of it and wants something different that's where it becomes a little harder.

I think I can integrate 2 headrests for about $250

·
Learner
4,715 Posts
Most manufacturers, inc vw, appear to be moving towards providing wifi connection in the car and abilty to hang ipads, tablets off the back of front seats.
Maketh sense

·
Premium Member
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most manufacturers, inc vw, appear to be moving towards providing wifi connection in the car and abilty to hang ipads, tablets off the back of front seats.
Maketh sense
Yes I agree with you 100%

But that doens't help me when my 4 year old wants a different movie on :)
I can store a bunch of movies on his tablet, but he's not quite there in being able to change them by himself.

Since the RNS has movie playing capabilities I think I am going to take advantage of it.

A double bonus would be if I can get a video input for his fire HD tablet

·
Learner
4,715 Posts
How about getting google assistant mini or alexa, giving it internet access, and asking it to play whatever on the compatible screen... with thes rns you will be flipping dvds

·
Premium Member
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How about getting google assistant mini or alexa, giving it internet access, and asking it to play whatever on the compatible screen... with thes rns you will be flipping dvds
That's actually not a bad idea, but I can play movies from SD cards on the RNS to.

Hmm what to do :grin2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts