Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a set of 17" Canyon rims for my T3 and want to get the BFG AT KO2 for them because they are very strong LT tires for avoiding off-road punctures. Anybody done this size and/or tire yet on a T3?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmm...no response. How about 245/70R17's in a BFG AT? That size is a 30.5 vs. a 31.0. A little narrower than stock, but that's not necessarily a bad thing off-road according to many experts. Opinions?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Here's a link to a tire size comparison calculator for reference:
Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com

And there are ton of threads about tire sizes and such, just do a search and you'll be reading for hours.

I ran some 30 inch winter tires on my 2012 TDI with out a problem. When you start to get into the 31 inch range is when you have some rubbing issues, especially with AT tires since they usually have the lugs that wrap around the sidewall and actually using the vehicle off road and using the full extent of the suspension travel will usually get some rubbing with the 31 and larger tires (again depending on tread lugs and tire width and such)

Good luck and happy searching and reading. Maybe try "Zombie" as a search word. I can remember reading a lot of posts about guys with the urban assault or zombie stomper vehicle looking for the largest zombie crushing tires they could run.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts