Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious whether anyone has had their transmissions flashed to eliminate the 5 MPH jerky transmission behavior. I'm taking mine in tomorrow and will ask to have it done, as I am experiencing delayed gear effect when slowing to around 5 mph and then accelerating.

· Registered
36 Posts
My car is in the shop now (when I took delivery last week I noticed some
condensation in one of the taillights -- they didn't have the part to fix it
then). In the morning I am going to call my service rep and ask him
about this TSB. If I find out anything I will post back here.

· Registered
2016 Touareg V6/Lux — 2006 Touareg V6 — 2013 Audi allroad
3,305 Posts
My TOUAREG is going into the shop next week to have the seatbelt recall done. My service advisor says there are also five outstanding TSB's open on my TOUAREG - including the re-flashing of the transmission - that he is also going to get done.

Interesting.

· Registered
23 Posts
I had mine done today and it completely eliminated all hesitation at low throttle and it shifts very smooth now. I have to say its well worth having done and seems to have worked well. I have only driven about 20 miles since it was done , but first impression is good.

· Registered
36 Posts
I had this fix done today. The dealer verified that the code in my transmission needed to be updated. They flashed the TCM. I've only
driven a short distance but I don't think I notice any difference so far.

· Registered
5 Posts
Clunky tranny shifting problems

Well, after purchasing our Touareg in late November our service representative got down to the root of the problem. Apparently Passat 4motion's had a similiar problem. VW was well aware of the Touareg tranny problems and just three weeks ago our tranny was tweaked with a software package. So far all is well. I intentionally have pushed this vehicle at 70 to 80 mph speeds for one hour periods on the pike and the transmission is fine. Actually even during city driving the smoothness is quite noticeable.

Good luck!

· Registered
2016 Touareg V6/Lux — 2006 Touareg V6 — 2013 Audi allroad
3,305 Posts
I just got my 'T' back from having all the software updates, including the transmission flash.

First let me say, I didn't think the two problems I had with my transmission were anything more than driving a vehicle with drive-by-wire technology and I like to think I'm in tune with what my vehicle is doing.

HOLY CRAP, what a difference the transmission update made. The sensative gas pedal/lurching from a dead stop to accelerating is gone. It's reeeeeeeal smooth now. The slight hesitation I had while accelerating in 3rd gear is completely gone. And the transmission seems much more intuitive. When you jump on the gas, it seems to go right to the gear you need, with no questions asked.

I'm really impressed with the update. My service guy says my Transfer Case has to be replaced - it's on order. He is also checking to see about replacing my tires because they are starting to cup and it may be related to the Transfer Case.

I also have a new amp on order for the sound system because of poor bass output.

Overall, very happy with the updates

· Registered
1 Posts
Hesitation

I have not experienced the 5mph problem but when I start to move off I suffer hestiation from the transmission for about 5-10 seconds. I have had all the software updates done on the 12th of July 2004 but this has not helped.

· Registered
3 Posts
I've had the transmission flash upgrade. Initially, it seemed to smooth things out. Now, three thousand miles later, it appears that the fix created other problems: hard shifting going uphill, still clunks/jolts when slowing down quickly (although much less often), MPG seems to have suffered, when letting off the gas, the car slows quickly and abruptly due to engine braking, hestiates to shift, etc, etc, etc. Anyone else seen these?

· Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone dealt with this issue lately. I just purchased a 2004 V8 with 48000 miles, really nice, but I notice the jerky behavior as well, especially in the morning. Does anyone know how much it would cost to get the tranny flashed?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.