Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
I would like to share your experience.
I believe there are a few Saudi Treggers. Definitely a few newbies from Kuwait lately. I know there was a Lebanese member posting here too.

Welcome and happy tregging!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,
I'm a Touareg owner from Saudi Arabia. I own a 2011 V6 FSI.
I'm not into forums that much, hence my late response.
Congratulations on your new car. How's your experience with it so far?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good morning all,

I have two toureg 2006 and 2011 just naught it from the U.S. I have now problem sharing my experience with The Toureg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

I'm Fayez living in Dammam. I have a '07 V8 Touareg that I bought new from the dealer in 2008. Please send me private messages if you need anything cause I am not active here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi gents,

I still have not found a solution for my RSN850 to change from U.S. system to Gulf countries system. the dealer say it can not be adopted. I had some one ask in Dubai dealer and the say they can do it but I have to take the car to them and its 10 hours drive. my car is 2011 V6 FSI full option.
if anybody out there can help in this matter Will be greatly appriciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you for quick replay ITlStl.

I want to buy one, do know which one to buy as there are so many and RoseTech is very expensive?

thanks Again.

·
Super Moderator
3,812 Posts
Go with the Genuine RossTech VCDS, the knock-off's are not worth it compared with the value of your Treg.

Stuart..

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Ross-Tech every time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bahrain

hi gents,

I still have not found a solution for my RSN850 to change from U.S. system to Gulf countries system. the dealer say it can not be adopted. I had some one ask in Dubai dealer and the say they can do it but I have to take the car to them and its 10 hours drive. my car is 2011 V6 FSI full option.
if anybody out there can help in this matter Will be greatly appriciated.
Try the dealership in Bahrain.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Saudi Touareg,

thanks, that is my next step. I know that in Dubai they will do it but it is too far 10 hours driving. so Bahrain Sounds a lot better. but hadn't have the time so busy at work.

thanks again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi gents,

Well I finally got my Ross Tech VCD and tried it on both taoureg the 2006 and the 2011. Works fine. But I can't see how to get to the secret green screen.

In my 2006 high been on the left side needs to be recoded can it be done with the VCD if so how?

Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Green screen enable by going to Module 5F, Adaptation – 10, channel 6, set 1 instead of 0. Once complete press SETUP and CAR buttons simultaneously and hold until screen appears (10 seconds at most). If doesn't work for the first time you may have to hard reset your system by simultaneously pressing 5 buttons NAV TRAFFIC CLIMATE PHONE AND THE CENTER KNOB.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Saudi Touareg, thanks, that is my next step. I know that in Dubai they will do it but it is too far 10 hours driving. so Bahrain Sounds a lot better. but hadn't have the time so busy at work. thanks again.
Gents,

Following up with VW dealers in GCC countries Saudi, Bahrain and Dubai they all say we can not update your navigation after the take the vin number.
Anybody have ideas to help in updating my Navigation from US to GCC countries?

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Up to 2007 maps were on a DVD that covered a certain region and to change region you would need a different DVD.
I think in 2008 and 2009 maps were on an SD card with the same concept.
I do not know how 2010 and up models store their maps but it sounds like maps are stored on the unit itself. Have you checked?

I would talk to the original dealer in the US to see what they have to say. Next step would be to check with RossTech.

Last option would be to buy a complete unit from here with the maps already on it but that's a different story. Don't rush into that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
9 Participants
Saudi Touareg
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing