Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Volkswagen Touareg 5.0
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My keyless entry and my push button start quit working yesterday on my 2005 Touareg.
I can still lock and unlock the doors with my key fob but the black buttons on my doors do not work.
Also when push the start button nothing happens and only shows on screen " NO KEY FOUND "

Thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
Kessy module?

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
VCDS scan will tell you.

Reactions: Mike in Anchorage

·
Registered
684 Posts
Key Fob Battery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mike in Anchorage

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
What are you guys talking about? He can still use the FOB to lock\unlock the vehicle as per statement.
Clearly the FOB battery has nothing to do with his issue.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Same here, couldn't open or lock doors with button on door and would get key not found in MFD. New battery in fob cured the problem. Definitely worth a shot.

Reactions: Landpanther

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
But could you still lock\unlock the vehicle with the fob?

·
Registered
684 Posts
It’s been awhile but yes I believe that was the case. Certainly a new energizer 2032 is worth a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Typically, if the fob still works as a "remote", it should be able to broadcast a strong enough signal for the KESSY to pickup the key when using the START button inside. The OP could try holding the assumed to be dead fob onto his steering column while pressing the START button. If it fires up, then the FOB battery is almost dead.

I also agree that swapping the battery is a first step as it's easy and cheap.

Reactions: mtnride

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Typically, if the fob still works as a "remote", it should be able to broadcast a strong enough signal for the KESSY to pickup the key when using the START button inside. The OP could try holding the assumed to be dead fob onto his steering column while pressing the START button. If it fires up, then the FOB battery is almost dead.

I also agree that swapping the battery is a first step as it's easy and cheap.
Hi....put new battery in fob

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What are you guys talking about? He can still use the FOB to lock\unlock the vehicle as per statement.
Clearly the FOB battery has nothing to do with his issue.
thanks.....I have 2 key fobs and put new batteries in both...so do not think is battery problem

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
After changing both batteries in the 2 fobs it is still the same.....keyless does not work and push button start does not work just shows on message screen " NO FOUND KEY "
Thanks

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Friend only use quality new 2032 batteries from a quality shop not cheap Chinese ones which have sat on the wall in the market for 5 years.

Do not buy cheap batteries from the local market unless you have a battery tester ..... even then cheap Chinese ones do not last.

Buy genuine qaulity brand like Philips where it shows manufacture date. Evedn buy from Ebay from a western country like Germany

1 - 20 of 38 Posts