Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a cool spring here in Utah, so fun should be had in Moab for a while longer.

Anyone interested in doing a Moab run? I've done Hell's Revenge and Fins 'n Things solo, so having a partner or two should make the going much smoother for all of us. I might be interested in 7 Mile Rim (very extreme for a Touareg), but also happy to just show you around and work up to what you feel comfortable with.

I know the area well. Exquisite campsites on BLM land and such, plus some hidden places for Touareg fun not on any maps or guides.

Goal is no vehicle damage (at least for me), but lots of safe fun.

Contact me here.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why so many threads stating the same thing?
Sorry about that. Just looking in different places - mostly regions where people are unlikely to read about other regions, but might be up for a road trip out of their region.

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
Other threads have been deleted. please only post in one forum

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Other threads have been deleted. please only post in one forum
My apologies. I did submit a request to have them removed, so thanks for doing so.

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
Not a problem...its not an issue, just a friendly bit of advice to keep you from having to get razzed by some of our longer term members ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not a problem...its not an issue, just a friendly bit of advice to keep you from having to get razzed by some of our longer term members ;)

Thanks. As I explained in one of my rogue threads, I appreciate this being brought to my attention - I don't want to rouse the natives! It was an innocent mistake. I never go to the "New Posts" tab, but instead just go into a specific category. So I didn't realize I was effectively spamming where it seems many people go.

Now, anybody want to go to Moab!? :)

·
Super Moderator
9,368 Posts
I may be up for it if it is over a weekend. I have no camping gear, so I am either going to be in a hotel or it will be a one day event for me. I have never been down there, but I definitely want to since I am not back in UT to stay! :)

·
Super Moderator
9,368 Posts
T1, T2 & T3 invited?
T3 in Moab may be ok on somethings, but not sure what those somethings would be. I hope the OP if he intends to organize this has rules about what everyone should have with them just like we did for the CO Rally. I would say the main thing would be a full size spare wheel and tire for one. If you have never been off road before this may not be a place to be your very first time to do so. Off road does not mean you were on dirt roads somewhere either. It is a bit more then just that...:)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Thanks for the reply, Yeti.

I hope that future event planners/posters will make things clear about who is invited - or maybe us T3 owners will just have to sulk when it's not spelled out. :(

·
Super Moderator
9,368 Posts
I never said you were not invited. I'm just not sure what the T3 is fully capable of as far as the ones we get here in NA. I had one as a rental once and it did not instill confidence in me to take it places I have gone in my T2. It really is an unknown.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fortunately, I finally just landed a great job here in Salt Lake. Unfortunately, that means I will be unable to lead or catalyze a trip to Moab this spring.

I probably will go again in the Fall, so I'll try to put the word out early.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
T3 in Moab may be ok on somethings, but not sure what those somethings would be. I hope the OP if he intends to organize this has rules about what everyone should have with them just like we did for the CO Rally. I would say the main thing would be a full size spare wheel and tire for one. If you have never been off road before this may not be a place to be your very first time to do so. Off road does not mean you were on dirt roads somewhere either. It is a bit more then just that...:)
Note taken. :)

Yes, I wouldn't go down there without a full sized spare (or with people who don't). I'm also not familiar with the T3's off-road capabilities, but I'll take your word for it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts