Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do i remove this long strip of trim when you open the door? One section is somewhat already unclipped but I don't want to risk snapping the Rest by prying.

What's the trick ?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
you have no choice but to break the clips if you want to remove that trim piece. The clips are single use and cost about $3-6 ea.
This is a common issue and you can replace individual clips with out removing the trim.

Regards
Drag

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you have no choice but to break the clips if you want to remove that trim piece. The clips are single use and cost about $3-6 ea.
This is a common issue and you can replace individual clips with out removing the trim.

Regards
Drag

Thanks for the quick response - do I simply pull outward on the trim to break the clips And I assume the little "nipple" looking pieces are simply alignment guides, not clips?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Hammer .... best multi purpose tool ever made

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Thanks for the quick response - do I simply pull outward on the trim to break the clips And I assume the little "nipple" looking pieces are simply alignment guides, not clips?

The new clip is actually fitted into the small hole in the steel sill and the plastic centre pin then pushed in to lock it in place. The black long decorative piece is the pushed onto the clip to lock it on.

regards
Drag

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.