Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the owner of a new 2012, I want to be able to tweak my Treg as much as possible. Not finding a whole lot of Vag adjustments out there, I contacted Ross-Tech, and they had me run a scan and send the results to them. There were a whole bunch of label files that they hadn't yet seen.

Which got me thinking, since the Hybrid is the latest and greatest, and has (advertised) a feature of memory passenger seats that even my TDI Exec doesn't have, perhaps if Ross-Tech got a scan from a hybrid, maybe they can figure out which byte controls that setting, and can put it in a label file. Who knows what else could be modded simply, if we just knew the deltas between Treg versions.

Anyways, if any hybrid owners with a VCDS can scan and send to them, Ii'm sure many of us would be appreciative.

Here are the steps:

[Options]
Debug Level: 2
[Apply]
[Auto-Scan]
Select Chassis Type "Auto-Detect"
[Start]

This process is explained here:

Control Module Maps - Ross-Tech Wiki

That will automatically go through all undocumented (Labels: None) modules while performing an Auto-Scan. Please email all of the files found in your Logs directory to me. There should be several PLA and PLB files, with names like 16-4H0-953-568-H.PLB.

·
Super Moderator
9,640 Posts
Memory seat is gonna be way more then just a change with VCDS. You would need the controller, the memory seat buttons and since the memory buttons are on the door panel probably a new panel as well which would have to come form over seas probably. Unless you can source a door panel off the Hybrid. Then you would have to run all the wiring for it which is not just gonna be there and not active. This is the only mod which you seem interested in and imo hardly worth trying to do after the fact.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Memory seat is gonna be way more then just a change with VCDS. You would need the controller, the memory seat buttons and since the memory buttons are on the door panel probably a new panel as well which would have to come form over seas probably. Unless you can source a door panel off the Hybrid. Then you would have to run all the wiring for it which is not just gonna be there and not active. This is the only mod which you seem interested in and imo hardly worth trying to do after the fact.
not the only mod, just the one i thought of from looking at the owner's manual which shows using the touchscreen to adjust the passenger seat, or to sync the two seats.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyways, the point is that the more info that is available, the better the label files that can be written, and the more we will ultimately know about our Tregs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts