Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Touareg Execline TDI. (Brown over tan.)
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last couple of days, the anti-theft system in my Execline has gone squirrely. It seems to just randomly alarm when there's nobody and nothing near the car. I had to resort to leaving it unlocked last night to stop it from alarming every hour or 2. Yesterday, at one stop, the car kept locking itself as I stood beside it talking to someone. I unlocked it again and opened the door for a few seconds and almost immediately after I closed the door, it locked and the alarm re-armed yet again.
If any of you have had similar issues, please enlighten me as to your solutions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't yet have one unfortunately.

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
1,002 Posts
One solution = Buy VCDS, do a scan of all the modules and find out which one(s) have faults.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By the time a VCDS gets here through Canada Customs, I'll have gone crazy. Simply can't wait for several weeks.
I do plan to buy VCDS but there's simply no possibility of it getting here in time. There's a VW specialty shop here in Victoria that has it and I have an appointment for Thursday morning. Unfortunately, they're not much cheaper than the stealership.

·
Registered
71 Posts
there is a button on either side of front seatbelt pillar press that and manually lock the car itll turn off alarm

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there is a button on either side of front seatbelt pillar press that and manually lock the car itll turn off alarm
I'm not sure where you mean. The only ones I could find are on the doors and they unlock again when you open the door to get out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nothing there on mine. Checked them both.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
That (one) switch was there to turn off the alarm if the car needed to be recovered on a trailer or a flatbed truck.

I wonder what the procedure is for turning off the alarm in such circumstances if that switch has been deleted?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Check your battery. Alarm issues are typical symptoms of end of life of battery. The alarm switches need proper voltage to prevent open cicuits.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts