Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2008 VW Touareg V8 114k miles.

Have had intermittent issues with starting. Symptoms: battery is new and fully charged (14V+); starter cranks fine; bendix engages crank fine; cylinders reciprocate fine. Fuel pump heard whirring in tank. No ignition. Ether sprayed into air intake ignites (so EFI electricals operating), but only get 1-2 revolutions on cylinders before quitting. Door locks work remotely. Replaced key fob batteries and problem went away for a week and returned. If I disconnect the battery (black terminal under driver’s floor mat) and leave for 30 min, computer seems to reset and the vehicle starts on first attempt. Is the anti-theft system module faulty, not recognizing the key fobs and cutting off the fuel flow?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes the anti theft security is the problem. You don't need to disconnect the battery mostly when your key is in the fob. Your car reprogramming. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Based on the differential diagnosis that I was able to perform and as detailed in my original post. I’ve eliminated battery, starter, bendix, fuel pump and spark plugs. Remaining evidence points to a computer or sensor issue, whether anti-theft or crank position sensors, both of which may cut off fuel through the ECS/EFI. Problems with this reasoning? I’m trying to narrow things down and not get taken to the cleaners by VW Mx shop while they run around in circles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts