Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm new to the forum, from Woodstock CT

I traded an 06 Jetta TDI for an 09 Touareg on 9/1, the truck is loaded and I'm getting used to all that luxury. we needed a bigger diesel vehicle so the jetta was traded.

I'd reneged on this purchase after finding out some bs spewed by the salesman, but they called me the day after and made me an offer I couldn't refuse, well I chose to accept it.
I got the Touareg for $1800 below invoice not MSRP, 10% off parts and service, accessories at cost.
and they gave me the kbb's "excellent condition" trade in value for the Jetta, so I feel good about the purchase.

I'm glad to be here

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Pictures, we need pictures!

Welcome to ClubTouareg.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I see that you put "DSG" in your sig... do you mean a DSG tranny?... 'cause Touareg's don't come with DSG/dual clutch trannys (I wish they did!)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Excellent. love to hear your thoughts after a few days.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see that you put "DSG" in your sig... do you mean a DSG tranny?... 'cause Touareg's don't come with DSG/dual clutch trannys (I wish they did!)
Right you are,
indeed it does not come with the DSG

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Plus you get to deduct the sales tax for buying a new car this year. But you probably already know this. Dead Horse

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Plus you get to deduct the sales tax for buying a new car this year. But you probably already know this. Dead Horse
I knew about the 1150 fed tax credit
but I wasn't aware of that I thought the sales tax deduction on applied to cars "getting" 40 mpg or above.
I need to look into this

·
Super Moderator
9,640 Posts
I can guarantee you won't drive your Expedition much after driving the Treg. Only thing you will miss on that vehical is the room it provides over the Treg. I know this since I traded in a Lincoln Navigator on mine when I got it. Mine even had the 300hp Intech motor. My V6 Treg moves so much better then the Nav could have ever hoped to.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Expedition was purchased just to be able to move big items and going to the transfer station (dump)
we drive it on weekend just to give it some mileage.
so it's going to be used on that capacity but if we need to head out to Lake George or a little trip we will take the Treg

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hello I'm new to the forum, from Woodstock CT

I traded an 06 Jetta TDI for an 09 Touareg on 9/1, the truck is loaded and I'm getting used to all that luxury. we needed a bigger diesel vehicle so the jetta was traded.

I'd reneged on this purchase after finding out some bs spewed by the salesman, but they called me the day after and made me an offer I couldn't refuse, well I chose to accept it.
I got the Touareg for $1800 below invoice not MSRP, 10% off parts and service, accessories at cost.
and they gave me the kbb's "excellent condition" trade in value for the Jetta, so I feel good about the purchase.

I'm glad to be here
Did your Treg come equipped with power folding side view mirrors?

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts