Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my 10' started a sunroof leak by upper console. Drips came down. With some research this seems to be an issue. So Now I have to dig into this and clamp the hose as I think it is leaking at the nipple. I have water down foot wheel on passenger side below fuse box.

What a f-ing dumb thing for such an expensive car. I will have to check drains if they are clogged and maybe cut them open slightly more as the hose end may be backing up even if clean. No wonder Previous owners gave this car up so early. Probably too much trouble! I hope I can get the kinks out of this thing or it's gone.

·
Registered
210 Posts
So, my 10' started a sunroof leak by upper console. Drips came down. With some research this seems to be an issue. So Now I have to dig into this and clamp the hose as I think it is leaking at the nipple. I have water down foot wheel on passenger side below fuse box.

What a f-ing dumb thing for such an expensive car. I will have to check drains if they are clogged and maybe cut them open slightly more as the hose end may be backing up even if clean. No wonder Previous owners gave this car up so early. Probably too much trouble! I hope I can get the kinks out of this thing or it's gone.
You're aware that all cars have their fair share of issues correct?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I was not especially dealing with Alfa Romeo for half my life but thanks for the response! I'll keep it mind and hope that helps fix the issue!

·
Registered
219 Posts
This was an issue way back in 04 and 05. Please someone tell me they have fixed this issue with 15-16 Tregs?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
This was an issue way back in 04 and 05. Please someone tell me they have fixed this issue with 15-16 Tregs?
Probably not . . . which is why some people can get $7,000 discounts!!:D

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Sunroof drain getting clogged are a problem of every car manufacturer. Generally there are four lines (at each corner) of the sunroof to help deal with this.

You would think that all manufacturers would just get get message and run four single non-spliced runs of plastic tubing from the sunroof to the bottom of the car and put four real clamps on the lines where they attach to the sunroof.

Now if you want to see a real disaster... the rear windshield wiper fluid tubing running to the rear hatch window. That thing has at least a half a dozen splices in it.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Never had a clogged sunroof with my Alfa's nor my Mazda cx-9. I think this not a clog but more of a hose and attachment issue which In my opinion should not be an issue on this vehicle. But I hope it will not be an issue to lower headlight to reach these hoses.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
As far as clogging, that seems to almost always be a random issue where you have a lot of small organic derbies that manages to collect and then clog the sunroof. Cars the are mostly garaged seem to almost never have it. Cars parked under trees/plants seem to get it randomly.

As far as the drain hose attachment to the sunroof issue, you are absolutely correct. It should never accidentally come loose on any vehicle.

Also, as stated above, any splices in the tubing from the sunroof attachment point to the exit at the bottom of the car is just an idiotic move.

Good luck on fixing your leak and let us know what you find when you get in there.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Definitely the front leaking, I have poured some water in passenger side drain, water does come pouring out of side of wheel well so it's draining but it also drains inside which tells me a connection issue. I will update!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts