Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just purchased a 2005 V10. Runs great , however 2 nights ago gave it a hit from an intersection and it took of great then thump, thump, thump , under armrest. A quick Google search showed centre bearing support failure.
So crawled home at 40kmsph , crawled under when home , and yep lots of play.
So I see lots of info about them and dramas people have had , my question is has anyone fitted a 2 piece EPS drive shaft mount .
I have ordered one. ( should have joined and asked 1st. ) ?????
Cheers.

·
Registered
2005 Touareg - 3.2L BMX
578 Posts
Hi all just purchased a 2005 V10. Runs great , however 2 nights ago gave it a hit from an intersection and it took of great then thump, thump, thump , under armrest. A quick Google search showed centre bearing support failure.
So crawled home at 40kmsph , crawled under when home , and yep lots of play.
So I see lots of info about them and dramas people have had , my question is has anyone fitted a 2 piece EPS drive shaft mount .
I have ordered one. ( should have joined and asked 1st. ) ?????
Cheers.
Have had one on mine for over a year. Pretty robust and well machined. Not certain how long the spokes will last , but they can be replaced. Takes no time to install once you have cleaned the bearing of the old rubber. The eps cradles the bearing and is a good engineering solution. A little costly but worth the money.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Yeh little expensive especially converted to Australian dollars = about $600 + freight , now with our dollar crashing , but seemed to side step a lt of stuffing around .
A friend owns a tailshaft shop and he's done a few original replacements , and as vw in Aus think they are selling Rolls Royce it's a $800 + job out here , so seemed my best option, also they , EMS , say they are a permanent fix. Not holding my breath but will advise how it goes.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
A new prop shaft at the VW dealer is £1,000 plus in the UK - $800 AUS would be damned cheap!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No not the whole shaft just the dealing replace, hate to think what they would want for a full replacement.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
So Noob

you've done this with yours ??

Doubt i have the time the garage space or anything else i can think of. I went the Vertex route.

Actually come to think of it Alex did the same and he has the workshop to die for.

All comes down to time and convenience if you ask me and that is usually what money is all about.

Buying time.

Total waste of money - you should have done this for next to nothing . . .

Centre Propshaft Bearing Replacement with Inner Tube. - myTreg forums

Only joking, lots of people have used the EPS and been happy, but it's not as cheap as the above!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts