Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Order my Treg 1 week ago -- Blue Silver/V8/Perf Pack/Beige nappa leath. about 6 weeks for delivery == can't wait :D But, I am a bit worried after cruizn the treg forums as to all the problems/issues. My "turn in" car is a 2001 Acura MDX (first year edition) - 76K+ miles - nothing but new tires & routine services. Super Navi in MDX. It was a toss up between MDX & V8 Treg (no comparison to power & handling). So now I wonder - any one out there who bought their Treg from Fitzgerald in Annapolis? How's their service and is there anything I should demand upfront before I take delivery? I have bought 5 cars from Criswell Audi/Acura/Isuzu and service is just the best.

· Registered
35 Posts
I did not buy my Treg from Fitzgerald in Maryland, but here in California. However, in 1985 or 1986 I bought a Peugeot 505 Turbo from Fitzgerald in Rockville, Maryland (the same ones you are dealing with). The car had always a smell of gasoline inside and every time I took it to them they told me "NPF" (no problem found). After about a year they found that gasoline was leaking from the tank in between the rear passenger seats and the trunk. Secondly many times there was always a white/blue huge smoke following my car. Although many times they said it was due to my turbo charger they never fixed it. It was not unitl 1990 I found out from a dealer in N.J. that it was due to wrong bolt mounting the turbo charger. I had taken Fitzgerald to better business bureau but nothing could be done with them. Hence my suggestion is, if you have set your eyes on the Treg and if you have to buy from them exercise caution and read everything carefully and make absolutely sure of everything to your satisfaction. Hope this helps.
Kris Raghunathan

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kris - thanks for the heads up -- I notice that the are advertising for new audi/VW techs to come over to Fitzgerald - so either they've lost some - or the treg's are causing increased service issues... I am getting this via Fleet leasing thru Enterprise who is using Fitz to deliver.. so I think I can go elsewhere for service and we have several in a 50 mi. radius...

· Registered
8 Posts
I wouldn't read to far into the Help wanted Issue....Nor experience from another store in a different location(19 years ago or 2 for that matter). Judge the store from your own experience. Any dealer has techs that have different levels of experience. At any time you may have a bad experience because some one made a mistake. It's about how thay go about handling a mistake that counts. There should be a tech that has had touareg training. Not that that means that they'll know everything.. Who really does anyways?
I wouldn't worry about all the complaints you have read in these post as well. Alot of the complaints, have had fix's although parts availability hasn't been the best of late, It isn't uncommon that new models parts availablitity takes a while to be optimal.
What really matters is your experience with your new car and wether or not you really like it.

Ravendawg
2500 miles no problems

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ravendawg - your right --I spend too many years in consulting customer service issue for companies that I always seem to look for the faults & the fixes...
I'll just patiently wait for my new toy and take the lumps if they happen :lol: At least I have a place to come & vent if I need it!

· Registered
2016 Touareg V6/Lux — 2006 Touareg V6 — 2013 Audi allroad
3,304 Posts
I DON'T HAVE ANY ADVICE... AND IT'S A BIT OF A THREAD DRIFT... BUT....

I just wanted to say.... I've been too Anapolis, MD many times in the last ten years..... and it's a beautiful city and completely surrounded by spectacular countryside. It's a great part of the country!

· Registered
3 Posts
Good service dealer in Md

If you find a Touri service dealer you are really happy with in Md, let me know. I bought mine from Al Packer, but have not been thrilled with the service dept.

thanks

BTW- I have had my Touri for 6 months and I have a bad tire pressure monitor- still waiting for the part.
And yesterday I woke up to a dead battery in my garage. So it begins.

· Registered
5 Posts
CRLOBX!

CRLOBX; don't know if this is too late, but if you can buy your Treg from anywhere else, do it!!! Fitzgeralds service is absolutley horrible, they do not give a crap about there customers. I was strongly considering buy a V10 from them, but after my V8 broke down in Annapolis and I had to go to them for repairs I wouldn't even consider pruchasing anything from them. THEY ARE HORRIBLE!!!

E-mail me if you have specific questions.

One place I have noted has exceptional service and sales is Springfield VW in Springfield, VA; I know its a hike, but it might be worth it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.