Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot seem to get back to the message that included a detailed response from "Andy." I assume that is Andy Thompson from CanAmRV Centre in London. I find Andy's articles very detailed and really help me more than anything.

I now have about 7000 towing my Airstream FC 25 using a ProPride3 anti sway and WD. I had it into to dealer last week and asked for a very close inspection of hitch looking any cracks or signs of stress. Found none. In fact, everything was just as it should be. It towed very well under a variety of conditions. High winds in ND and Eastern Montana and no sway what so ever and felt very solid.

My 2016 Touareg Exec V6 has 60,000 miles on it. I want it to work for another 60K. I will be doing the CanAm hitch mod in September. Mainly because I am close to the max set in the manual. 6300 loaded, and tongue wt around 700 lbs. I have been told that the manufacture does not test for towing and often give very conservative numbers. I have no idea, so I am just taking all the steps that will give us a safe and secure ride. So far, I have been very impressed with this car. Only issue is I use only TOP TIER gas and get about 12-14 MPG on highway. Lower in Kentucky/NC hills, and more on flat with cruise set.

Send me any links to Andy's comments.

ed

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am curious about this as well, as I was on that thread a couple weeks ago, and e-mailed Andy, haven't gotten a reply

My trailer is a custom one, it's a full VW Bus shell mounted onto a custom trailer that the makers of state I will need a WD hitch due to the tongue weight (which won't exceed 700lbs) but will exceed the 10/15 percent range, how much is to be determined.

Edit, I believe this is the thread you are looking for

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Great looking Touareg and Airstream

1 - 3 of 3 Posts