Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Decided to go for a full new winter wheel setup, since swapping tires on the stock wheels isn't really ideal. I was having a hard time tracking down an aftermarket TPMS sensor from any local vendors (up here in the Yukon) and couldn't bring myself to pay the $1000+ for new sensors from VW. I found a few options online, but they seemed to have mostly mixed reviews or needed a certain type of scanner to activate them, like Doorman ect. which none of the local shops near me had.

I ended up going with a set of DENSO 5501911 sensors from Rock Auto, a set of four shipped up to me up in the Yukon was at my door for less then $400. They arrived in just a few days and were a direct fit and didn't need to be activated.
The Treg picked up the new sensors within a few minutes and haven't had a single problem over there first winter of cold temps up here.

Hope this helps anyone who is having trouble or on the fence about getting sensors for a set of new wheels.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been considering a second set of wheels/tires from Tirerack for my 14 Touareg. They add TPMS sensors for ~$70 per tire. Do those not work well?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm seeing conflicting information as to which sensor to get. Does a 2013 use 433 MHz or 315 MHz?
RockAuto shows both for that model year. Does it matter?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I see what you mean.... the tpms247.com site shows conflicting information for the models years 2013 and 2014.
In 2012 they were 433MHz, in 2105 (433MHz), and 2016 (433 Mhz).

The model years 2013 and 2014 show sensors for 315MHz and 433MHz. Weird.... any guru knowing of the 2013 and 2014 model years? I suspect it should be 433MHz...

·
Registered
35 Posts
If any review helps - installing the 433MHz ones I bought from tpms247.com had no issues being recognized by the Touareg. They are cheap to buy as a set but don't just buy a single one (customs and shipping costs shove the price per unit up)

·
Registered
459 Posts
I bought a set of Huf RDE048V21. The Huf website says they will work on '07-'15 Touaregs. 433MHz.
I paid $164 USD shipped to my door. Found them on Ebay (new).
I put them on my 18" winter tire/wheel setup and they work great. No programming required and they were picked up by the vehicle before the vehicle was even pulled out of the service bay.
I even had a new set put on my 19" summer setup when the new tires were fitted.

Couldn't be happier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
New2Tregs
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing