Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a photo of the upcoming Atlas Cross Sport (attached pic) and thought to myself: this looks better than the regular Atlas, and also looks better than the new Touareg. I think this one is a perfect candidate for a new Touareg as far as looks go. Just keep body of the Atlas CS and insert the interior of the new Touareg and I think it would be perfect. Any comments? Opinions?

Attachments

·
Registered
674 Posts
The Atlas Cross Sport is NOT a Touareg alternative. I think Volkswagen wants mainland America to believe it is, but it isn't. Don't get me wrong.. I'd be excited if my better half got one... but it will 100% not replace the Touareg.

The only viable Touareg replacements are something like a new Land Cruiser, new Armada, GL450, Range Rover, Audi Q7 w/ the supercharged 3.0 etc.

EDIT: Or import one of those sweet-ass new Touaregs the rest of the world gets

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with you it isn't a Touareg alternative, especially that it sits on the same platform as the Atlas, and shares parts with it. As Black Grouse said, it would need to be on the MLB platform first, then have the higher-end interior and mechanical bits of the current (not-so-good-looking) Touareg. But it's just wishful thinking anyway. I don't think VW is interested in going back to the same formula it used for the T1\T2 Tregs as far as luxury PLUS off-road capability.

·
Registered
827 Posts
The platform/chassis is what makes a Touareg a Touareg. The Atlas is a different vehicle. Compare the Atlas to other 7 passenger people mover SUV's like the Pilot, MDX, Telluride, Ascent. Highlander (thumbs up), Explorer, Traverese, ect, a very crowded market. Also, a very good market to be needing a vehicle like that. I would check out the KIA Telluride and the Toyota Highlander if I didn't have a travel trailer of 5600 pounds to tow. Plus the fact there are no more diesel options (in North America) for an SUV that have a sub $50K price tag.

·
Registered
8 Posts
they look good. And are leaps and bounds a head of a regular Atlas. Each dealership here is getting one for now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts