Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my treg for about 10 months and had to have service performed on the stereo sys 3 times for the same problem. It seems that at times the bass response sounds much like wacking 2 pieces of wood together, very flat. Well the dealer replaced the amp on one occasion and just recently (yesterday) said after they put the car on the computer that it registered no faults but they did find I had the bass and mid settings about 3/4's or so and that they needed to be returned to normal levels...so does that sound like bs or what, I mean why would they even have adjustable settings that you can't adjust. Anybody have any idea on what the problem could actually be...possibly the sub or once again the amp?

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I had a bass response problem with my Sound 1 system. I had the amplifier replaced and haven't had any problems since.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Recall

Yo! Check out the sticky in Problems/Bugs.... There are other recalls that should have beeen done to your car. I had the bass output one performed and i have to say that the system sounds ten times better. Good Luck.

V910405
Technical Bulletins
Group:91
Number:04-05
Date Published:05/10/2004
Subject:Volkswagen Technical Bulletins Subject: Radio, Insufficient Bass Output.
Model(s):
Year(s):
Touareg
2004>7L94D015720

Extended Descriptions for Item V910406
Technical Bulletins
Group:91
Number:04-06
Date Published:05/17/2004
Subject:Volkswagen Technical Bulletin Subject: Touareg with Radio Navigation 2004>7L94D015720 System (Sound II)
Model(s):
Year(s):
Touareg with Radio Navigation
2004> 7L94D015720 System (Sound II)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.