Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
bought the same ones, i think mine came from Hungary? anyway, i'm with you: don't like the chrome. will try to remember to post some pictures when mine are swapped.

and speedline wheels look great!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Tried to buy a set of these caps from the eBay.de seller and he cancelled my order stating he only ships to Europe. OP - how did you order them?

·
Registered
737 Posts
By the way, here's another option:

19mm Black Lug Bolt Covers

These are black covers for 19mm bolts, similar to the Audi 17mm covers.

Price is $20 plus shipping. I've bought bolts and spacers from Otis before and have been impressed with their customer service and focus on quality.

·
Registered
397 Posts
By the way, here's another option:

19mm Black Lug Bolt Covers

These are black covers for 19mm bolts, similar to the Audi 17mm covers.

Price is $20 plus shipping. I've bought bolts and spacers from Otis before and have been impressed with their customer service and focus on quality.
I bought a set of these last fall (different branding, but identical packaging). Even though they were advertised as 19mm they were more like 19.5. They fit very loosely to the point that I didn't even bother using them. The seller said too bad.

Maybe I will give these a try. The original caps posted would be perfect except for the Volkswagen engraving (Cayenne wheels still have the Porsche caps) The alternative is buying black bolts from a Cayenne for much more money.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I bought a set of these last fall (different branding, but identical packaging). Even though they were advertised as 19mm they were more like 19.5. They fit very loosely to the point that I didn't even bother using them. The seller said too bad.

Maybe I will give these a try. The original caps posted would be perfect except for the Volkswagen engraving (Cayenne wheels still have the Porsche caps) The alternative is buying black bolts from a Cayenne for much more money.

Call Otis LA and ask whether these would fit the VW bolts. I found the owner to be pretty responsive when I had a question...thought I needed to replace a set of bolts I had bought from him, and he said I didn't need to...

(I thought I had stretched the bolts with wheels that weren't hubcentric, and was prepared to pay for another set...he declined to take my money.)

By the way, a loose fit wouldn't be too bad...the 17mm OEM Audi covers are pretty tight and sometimes a PITA to get off. Maybe a small patch of 3m hook/loop fastener on each bolt end might be enough to keep them on...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts