Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to brag a bit since we all love our Touaregs.
2005 Touareg V6 287,000 miles
IMG_20200604_192633.jpg
IMG_20200604_192551.jpg

My big truck is in the shop so I had to move this equipment. I towed my equipment trailer with a skid steer on top up a rather steep gravel incline with no struggling or tire slip. Trailer and machine is about 8000 pounds.
Booyah!! Done

·
Registered
811 Posts
I love seeing our Touaregs at work

·
Registered
811 Posts
Very cool landcruiser!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Also a tow for a friend...
image.jpeg

Reactions: djklhc

·
Registered
697 Posts
Tanks, I love'em! I was wizzing down the highway yesterday in the Q7 and it was super gusty, I was talking with the wife and we both concluded the Touareg felt heftier on the highway at high speeds and in heavy wind. (Perhaps the Q7 being elongated affects it's aero characterisics differently.)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Also a tow for a friend... View attachment 238307
This set up can be very dangerous as the dual axle trailer is not level and it appears (but may not be due to the unlevel trailer) very nose heavy. Under this condition the rear trailer axle an be unloaded and the trailer very unstable, especially when braking. If the dual axles reach their limits of weight shift and the rears are suddenly unloaded and the CG of the trailer is shifted in relation to the loaded axle.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
The tongue weight was less than 250lb, two of us picked it up easily, and we are parked in a bit of a dip, which accentuates the appearance.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I meant the weight on the trailer and the front axle was carrying most of the load because the rear axle was bound and not carrying the weight. 250 lbs is too light for this load.
The dual axle trailers must be level so that each axle shares the load.
Sometimes the combination of the forward loading, dip in the road and slowing down results in uncontrollable swaying. Ask How I know...

·
Registered
811 Posts
Tanks, I love'em! I was wizzing down the highway yesterday in the Q7 and it was super gusty, I was talking with the wife and we both concluded the Touareg felt heftier on the highway at high speeds and in heavy wind. (Perhaps the Q7 being elongated affects it's aero characterisics differently.)
Hey completely off topic and I apologize, but how did you like the cayenne GTS sway bar upgrades in both your Q7 and your Touareg?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts