Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Supreme Member
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed these aluminum pedal covers? I bought them off a fellow Tregger and I'm having trouble installing the brake cover. The gas was easy but I can't get the brake.

Can anyone help? Do I take off the existing cover to put on the new one? I didn't have to do that for the gas. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
895 Posts
Old one needs to be removed, if you still have problems slipping to cover over the pedal try "warming" it to soften it.

·
Supreme Member
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the brake one needs to be removed but the gas didn't? That's strange. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
2,923 Posts

·
Banned
2,818 Posts
Japanees stuff is stranger.
I changed out brakes the other day on my wifes accord hybrid
Talking about tiny rear brakes:rolleyes:

Anyway the front have the regular pistons that you push back to fit the calipers around the brake pads.

Doing the rears I could not push back no matter how hard I pushed.
Did some research on line and learned that you needto turn them clockwise to let them sink in to their caliper.
Learn something new every day8)

·
Super Moderator
3,817 Posts
Japanees stuff is stranger.
I changed out brakes the other day on my wifes accord hybrid
Talking about tiny rear brakes:rolleyes:

Anyway the front have the regular pistons that you push back to fit the calipers around the brake pads.

Doing the rears I could not push back no matter how hard I pushed.
Did some research on line and learned that you needto turn them clockwise to let them sink in to their caliper.
Learn something new every day8)

I think they have the park/emergency brake integrated with the rear caliper. I had a ealry Holden (Aus GM) that had the same setup. A real pain in the butt until you work them out.

Stuart..

·
Banned
2,818 Posts
That is correct. They have a spring attached to the caliper on each side for the e-brake

·
Registered
20 Posts
Can anyone help with the correct way to get the OEM accelerator pedal cover on. I've tried everything and I can't get it on!

·
Super Moderator
9,662 Posts
Can anyone help with the correct way to get the OEM accelerator pedal cover on. I've tried everything and I can't get it on!
No easy way other then maybe letting it lay in the sun to soften the rubber. It is just a bitch to get on.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I used WD40 to help get mine on... pain in the butt though! LOL

David

·
Registered
1 Posts
These are no doubt a pain... I was able to get the brake on easy with the sliding up motion but the gas is too long to slide on... forced to try to slip it on with a screwdriver which is super frustrating. I used soapy water.

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts
you will hate your life putting the gas pedal on....best way is screw all the soapy water/warm tricks. just put it over the top and shake vigorously side to side. it'll clip on.

·
Registered
133 Posts
It will take approximately 17 mother f#@&#@#$! And then all of a sudden it pops on. I used a stubby flat head and soap, but it took me a while. Good luck.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I fought with these for days (5 minutes here and there until I got frustrated). The trick was using a little silicone grease/oil. Had them both on within two minutes after lubricating them. I was a little concerned they might not stay put but now over a year later and no movement or issues.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I should have mentioned that there was a thread on this back then and I got the advice from the OP of that one. If you find it you might get a couple more useful tips.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Just got around to installing gas and brake pedal in DW egg. ×!#÷&^[email protected]!

Got my time down from well over an hour on mine in Nov to just about 25 minutes on hers today. Woo hoo.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
112 Posts
How in the **** do you get the accelerator pedal on!1?!?!?!?!?

I've been working at this for hours and can't get the god dammed thing on no matter what I do! One side goes on, the bottom doesn't want to clip in. The bottom clips in, and the side that was on pops off!

WTF!!!!!!!!~

·
Registered
112 Posts
How in the **** do you get the accelerator pedal on!1?!?!?!?!?

I've been working at this for hours and can't get the god dammed thing on no matter what I do! One side goes on, the bottom doesn't want to clip in. The bottom clips in, and the side that was on pops off!

WTF!!!!!!!!~

It's on. FINALLY! All I needed was some Astroglide and to go Ape **** for a minute and it popped on.

Holy hell....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts