Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I'm looking for the torque specs for my 2007 V10 TDI alternator drive flange. I replaced the oil seal due it leaking. It is a 10x1mm tread torque to yield type bolt I would assume. I've had no luck finding that spec. Thanks in advance for any help. The photo is the new seal installed with the drive sprocket not yet installed. It was brittle and torn at the outer black rubber part of the seal. It is an odd design seal in that the outer part of the seal is more like a bellows in that it allows the seal to move in and out slightly. That part is very thin.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Just careful prying around the edges, first the outer ring, then the inner one. It may be necessary to cut the rubber connecting inner to outer in order to access the inner ring. As long as you stay away from the aluminum bores no harm done. I recall no difficulty at removing the old seal. It was driving in the inner metal cup that was nasty. Could be my block is undersized, or the first seal I ruined was oversize. I would say anyone who has oil leaking after replacing this seal did not fully drive the inner cup to into the block.

Reactions: TouaregNut

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hello all. I'm looking for the torque specs for my 2007 V10 TDI alternator drive flange. I replaced the oil seal due it leaking. It is a 10x1mm tread torque to yield type bolt I would assume. I've had no luck finding that spec. Thanks in advance for any help. The photo is the new seal installed with the drive sprocket not yet installed. It was brittle and torn at the outer black rubber part of the seal. It is an odd design seal in that the outer part of the seal is more like a bellows in that it allows the seal to move in and out slightly. That part is very thin. View attachment 238680
I’m about to do this after changing my gear train. How did you remove the toothed gear from the drive shaft?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all. I'm looking for the torque specs for my 2007 V10 TDI alternator drive flange. I replaced the oil seal due it leaking. It is a 10x1mm tread torque to yield type bolt I would assume. I've had no luck finding that spec. Thanks in advance for any help. The photo is the new seal installed with the drive sprocket not yet installed. It was brittle and torn at the outer black rubber part of the seal. It is an odd design seal in that the outer part of the seal is more like a bellows in that it allows the seal to move in and out slightly. That part is very thin. View attachment 238680
Hi do you have a procedure how to get to the seal?
I already broke one water Channel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts