Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, we had really heavy rain yesterday. I found some drips of water on the center console when I got in my treg after the storm. I do not have a garage, and my driveway slopes down, and my treg was parked so the tailgate was on the high side of the driveway. I believe I have a very common problem based on what I've read in the forum such that the drainage tubes may be clogged or partially clogged. I researched the forums and found this excellent how-to Water Ingress in Bulkhead/Footwell - Step By Step Guide - myTreg forums.

My question...is there an alternate way to get at those drainage plugs without having to remove the wheel and the plastic inner arch (15 torx self tapping screws and 2 10mm plastic nuts)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Hi everyone, we had really heavy rain yesterday. I found some drips of water on the center console when I got in my treg after the storm. I do not have a garage, and my driveway slopes down, and my treg was parked so the tailgate was on the high side of the driveway. I believe I have a very common problem based on what I've read in the forum such that the drainage tubes may be clogged or partially clogged. I researched the forums and found this excellent how-to Water Ingress in Bulkhead/Footwell - Step By Step Guide - myTreg forums.

My question...is there an alternate way to get at those drainage plugs without having to remove the wheel and the plastic inner arch (15 torx self tapping screws and 2 10mm plastic nuts)?

Thanks!
You won't get water on the centre console from blocked bulkhead drains.

This is more likely to be sunroof drains.

it's still worth the time to clear the bulkhead drains though and all the crud behind the wheel arch liners. It's not that big a job.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Water dripping from the overhead console could also be the sunroof cartridge...the roof liner will need to come down so a whole new unit can be installed/sealed. As for the cowl drains, if you have air suspension you don't have to remove the wheel to get the fender liner off, just raise it to Xtra and you'll have enough room to work (it's pretty flexible). Or as geraout said, if you pull back the rear of the liner and feel around for a rubber nipple up there just yank it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts