Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2009 V6 has 102000 kms and a new battery (six months old) the other day alt light (battery) comes on and the charge goes from 12 to below 10 and the diagnostic tells me to turn all non essentials off.
I drive to auto electrician switch motor off, lift bonnet, auto elec puts monitor on battery terminals, start motor - alt light not on, charge light indicates 12 charge (ie normal) but auto elect reckons alt is not charging according to his device?

The auto elect is reasonable guy probably wouldn't be pulling my leg - he checked - no non genuine part available, no surprise - gen part from VW $1450 and you get $370 back when you return replaced altenator? oh and $600 for VW to replace it. thanks very much

I guess with a big loop of Australia due early next year I don't want to risk it any thoughts out there?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
onboard voltmeter should show 14 volts when engine is running.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Dealers are expensive but in the UK we get a two year warranty on parts and one year on the labour.

Can your electrician do it cheaper?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
probably but not sure about warranty especially if we do our caravan trip I think by getting it done by VW centre, warranty is covered by other VW dealerships anyway have to bite the bullet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts