Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned my touareg since Feb/04. I have experienced, without resolve, dead battery and complete loss of power and electronics due to such...alignment issues (pulling to the right), CD and radio problems, including the lack of cd's continuing on when not in play and no sound coming from radio or cd at will; usually at start up. We have rec'd the error messages with regard to tire pressure and after one attempt to fix, the option to view the pressure on the computer was missing. This vehicle has had to be towed to the nearest dealer, 2.5 hours away, wait at least one week before fix and then have to take time off work and add mileage to the vehicle by bringing it back and have no resolve. We've opted for a tow and attempt to fix on 4 different occasions. They have given excuses and attempts to fix from "cannot duplicate the problem", replacing the computer and the latest, reconnecting the altenator wires. All electronics work and not work at will.

We contacted VW on every occasion and requested they take the car back under the lemon law and of course have denied such and only opted to continue to handle under the warranty. They offered to pay one month payment for my "inconvenience" and have offered no resolve and basically after the warranty is up, I have no recourse.

Seeing so many others with similar issues is an obvious problem being ignored by VW. All our complaints should be compiled and a class action suit should be filed against VW for not handling an obvious mechanically deficient vehicle.

· Registered
2016 Touareg V6/Lux — 2006 Touareg V6 — 2013 Audi allroad
3,305 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
I'm with you tk. I just purchased a 2005 V6. In two days (after I insured the car), I realized that the car was pulling to the right. I contacted the dealer and VW. They first tried to put the blame on me. Customer care rep told me that I might have hit a curb!!!! Isn't this supposed to be the number 1 off road vehicle? Have you seen the video that comes with the car? I asked her.

On Tuesday (four days after I bought this lemon), I drove the car to the dealer and left it there. They gave my the car back on Wed. night. The problem still not fixed. The car went back to the shop and it's still there. I can't tell you how mad I am about this crappy decision I made. I will never go near a VW again. At least ones made in SLOVAKIA. When was a last time you purchase anything made in Slovakia?

I'm going to contact my nearest lemon law lawyer and get my money back. With all of the problems that I see this car having, it makes me wonder how it's getting all those rave reviews?!!!!!!!!!!

If you are a in the market for a touareg (How do you pronounce it anyway?), do yourself a favor and stay away from this piece of junk. The car is not going to be worth anything after you try to sell it anyway....

· Registered
35 Posts
Matt:
OK - take a deep breath! :-$

Yes, we are all aware of expectations when one purchases a pricy vehicle. But I don't think anyone else here would be inclined to declare a 5 day old T-reg a 'lemon' without other major issues.

Frankly, if you had done your homework (doesn't everyone get as much info as possible before spending major coin...starting with how one would pronounce the car's name) you would know that the majority of T-reg owners love their trucks and most of the issues have been resolved. The consistant weak link is the poor network of VW dealers who are incompetent to properly service this complex vehicle.

My advice: take it to other dealer.

BTW, was the cheap shot regarding Slovakia necessary? Ah, but it seems your very (impatient) nature is to take cheap shots!

· Premium Member
4,837 Posts
Matt,
I have to agree with JMikeF52. Calm down. Your dealer needs to do a proper alignment on the car. Mine doesn't pull. The V8 I drove for 17,500 before purchasing my V10 didn't pull either. If you pick up the car again and it still pulls, then go back to the dealer and drive the car with the tech or service manager in the car to show them the problem. If that doesn't help, then find another dealer because the one you are using can't do the job.

· Registered
1 Posts
It is a common issue on TRG’s with 17” wheels to drift, but not to pull.

Is your Touareg drifting or pulling?

Meaning if you find your self constantly fighting the steering to maintain a straight direction (using un-necessary force), then it is considered a “PULL”. If not, then it’s a drift.
If a drift, the tire ratio is to blame for this, they are susceptible to Road Crown or easily manipulated by road irregularities.

My friend and I performed a test. He has V8 TRG with 18” wheels. I convinced him on the idea of swapping wheels to see if this would end the drift. So we performed the swap and sure enough found it virtually eliminated the drift, because it’s common to have very little drift due road irregularities. Don’t ask me why, I’m not an engineer. If I drive on flat roads then it goes straight for quite some length.
I have since decided to remain with the stock 17’’ because I enjoy going off-road every weekend the wife off on her shopping spree (My wife hates steep inclines)

Hope this helped?

· Registered
12 Posts
pulling to the right

First matt,
Is it pulling to the right or drifting?, if pulling, then it's alignment or tire pressure problem. mine was initially pulling to the right and i thought it was the alignment until i took it to a dealer that knows his work. First he check the tire pressures and found out that they were way off. after he adjusted them, i test drove it and it was perfect. Most of the problems we have with the dealer is because this is a very complex vehicle and most of them DO NOT have a clue how to fix it. so everybody is complaining. I dont blame matt for being frustrated bcos i was once that way until i found a good dealer and all my problems came to past. Anyway, i wish u good luck and do whatever pleases u but remember that Touareg regardless of problems is a modern marvel and it will take years b4 other manufacturers can catch up. I love my Touareg.

· Registered
66 Posts
we don't all have problems with touaregs. here in Australia, the few people i know including myself who own one of these have not had any major problems at all - and any minor issues are solved at your next service, if not before.

We also get them from Slovakia!

And Lemon laws do not exist in this country.

I'd tend to ask, just how reasonable have you been with your dealer, and are you asking them to "resolve" the problem without giving them fair and reasonable time to deal with the issues at hand.

Remember, dealers represent VW and are trained by VW. they are still people like you and I, and don't always have the answers.

· Registered
866 Posts
Philbie said:
we don't all have problems with touaregs. here in Australia, the few people i know including myself who own one of these have not had any major problems at all - and any minor issues are solved at your next service, if not before.

We also get them from Slovakia!

And Lemon laws do not exist in this country.

I'd tend to ask, just how reasonable have you been with your dealer, and are you asking them to "resolve" the problem without giving them fair and reasonable time to deal with the issues at hand.

Remember, dealers represent VW and are trained by VW. they are still people like you and I, and don't always have the answers.
Damn Aussies - always so friggin reasonable and rational! :grin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.