Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title pretty much sums it up. Looking for suggestions for an aftermarket NAV/Audio system with off-roading abilities, such as inclinometer, way points, ability to add off-roading maps. Must also be able to support bluetooth phone and audio, etc.

This is for a 2004 T1. I've had a JVC system in my car for four years, looking to improve the NAV system and include off-roading.

Thanks.

--Karl

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
The title pretty much sums it up. Looking for suggestions for an aftermarket NAV/Audio system with off-roading abilities, such as inclinometer, way points, ability to add off-roading maps. Must also be able to support bluetooth phone and audio, etc.

This is for a 2004 T1. I've had a JVC system in my car for four years, looking to improve the NAV system and include off-roading.

Thanks.

--Karl
Android Auto and/or MirrorLink is your huckleberry. Then get a nice stable mount for your phone, and find the app you want.

I use Backcountry Navigator Pro as my off road mapping function. Can download USGS topos for offline use, set up waypoints and routes, and it uses your phone's compass as well.

Couple that with a separate Delorme InReach device for assured text communications and SOS in most terrain with Bluetooth phone interface, and you're practically Shackleton.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts