Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched alarm issues and while I found a few for quite awhile ago - no one really responded with any answers so I'm going to see if a new post garners any advice. We have windows in our garage and my wife was out walking the dogs and came in and said my lights were flashing. I went into the garage and.....nothing was going on with my car - it was just sitting there minding its own business. Ten minutes later she told me she heard the alarm chirping. Opened the door this time and caught it in the act - front/rear lights were flashing and the alarm was chirping. I shut it off with my FOB by disarming the alarm. Ten minutes later - with the alarm disarmed - it went off again. Shut it off with the FOB and armed the alarm this time. Went off again 10-15 minutes later. Next time I'll just let it go and see if it shuts itself off - as it apparently did after my wife saw the lights flashing from outside the first time. . Any advice or tips would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
4,373 Posts
What year/make? I have a 2006, the alarm module battery (that is internal to the unit) went bad. I also had a problem where it would go off every time I locked the vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had my 2009 TDI have the exact same issue, The alarm module battery was weak. The mechanic took out the alarm and it's been fine since! He offer to put in a new one but declined just left it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts