Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 2.5tdi Treg. a couple od days the alarm started to go off even when the car was unlocked and with the key in ignition and engine running.
I'm assuming the siren is faulty, I had to disconnect the battery to shut it down. Anybody experienced this before and how do you get the siren component out of the vehicle.
Grateful for any help.
Alan.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
The siren has an internal battery. Disconnecting the battery does not stop it from going off unless the battery is dead.
I guess the internal battery is dying and the alarm needs replacing. It is a closed unit. If you scan for codes you will find an intermittent comm error with the alarm.
You have two options: buy another alarm at about 100€ or hack the old one if the electronics are still ok (battery leak can destroy the board) and add a 3.6v battery you can get for around 15€.
I'm hacking mine in a month or two as it started going off randomly which is a sign of dying battery or dying alarm module.
Now how to get to it? I haven't tried it yet but I think the alarm is on the driver side under the windscreen washer arm. you will need a tool to remove the washer arm. I will check for ElsaWin steps later for you.

Here is my thread about the alarm:

https://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f43/dying-alarm-retrofit-288731.html

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that info, I'll have a look at the chance of removal. A problem if you need a special tool. I got a quote today for the replacement siren from local VW dealer. Much more than I expected, £155. I need to be certain it is the siren that's dying before I order it, that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Here you go.

Note From ElsaWin:

Removing plenum chamber cover

Note

If during repair work on a Touareg to model year 2007 (WEEK 22/07) a wiper linkage part number 7L0.955.601.B/ 602.B or higher is installed, plenum chamber cover must always be renewed. Use plenum chamber cover 7L6.819.401.K 9B9 for left-hand drive vehicle and 7L6.819.401.J 9B9 for right-hand drive vehicle or plenum chamber cover with higher index.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Thanks for that info, I'll have a look at the chance of removal. A problem if you need a special tool. I got a quote today for the replacement siren from local VW dealer. Much more than I expected, £155. I need to be certain it is the siren that's dying before I order it, that's for sure.
You can get the tool off ebay UK:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-VAN-WINDSCREEN-WINDOW-WIPER-ARM-REMOVER-PULLER-REPAIR-TOOL-15-72/221997882549

Just don't buy a used alarm.
Better get yours out, open it and fix it. You can even relocate it so it is easy to troubleshoot in case it starts acting up later on. I know the alarm is supposed to be hidden and not easily accessible but I'm relocating mine when I'll be working on it. You can get the connector and longer wiring on aliexpress:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/OEM-Car-Security-Alarm-Speaker-Horn-For-VW-golf-6-mk6-PASSAT-B6-TIGUAN-CC-SKODA/32302906491.html

Alarm part number: 1J0951605A

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW, thanks for all that, I didn't expect such detailed info. A great help, now I've got to find time to get on with it. The Treg is sitting on the drive with battery disconnected and alarm dead, I assume that shows that the siren unit battery is also dead.
Luckily I have another vehicle to use till I sort this.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Respect to TRespect!

Really good stuff there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
4 Participants
TRespect
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing