Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am a new first time VW owner with a 2004 Touareg V8. I am having a problem where the alarm decides to go off in the middle of the night all the time and I'm sure my neighbors are not happy with this. There are other issues where the drivers seat does not always go back when you open the door and dome lights do not always come on. From my research it seems like the micro switches in the door latch have gone bad and are tripping the alarm. I haven't seen any recent posts on this and what was wondering what people are doing to fix this these days since I cannot seem to find a new door latch anywhere near me.
Thanks, JJ

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
If you decide to tear down the door and get to the actuator/latch be prepared to remove some rivets and do replace the rivets with nutsert and screws to make it easy for maintenance down the road.
See the picture in the oempc link for where the rivets are.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
For future readers:
Taken from here (Phaeton forum. Phaeton shares a lot of components with the Touareg. )

About your alarm difficulties - the first step in the process is to find out what sensor on the car is triggering the alarm. This is easy to determine - take the car to a VW dealer (ANY VW dealer, it doesn't have to be a Phaeton dealer), and ask them to poll controller 46, the Central Comfort Controller, to see what has been causing the alarm to activate.
Measured Value Block 18 of Controller 46 will record the cause of the last 4 alarm activations in MVBs 1 through 4, with MVB 1 being the most recent activation. Here is a list of the possible sources:
1 = Driver door
2 = Pax door
3 = Left rear door
4 = Right rear door
5 = Trunk lid
6 = Hood open
7 = Terminal 15
8 = Interior protection
9 = Tire puncture (slashed tire) or attempted wheel theft - Left Front tire.
10 = ditto, RF tire
11 = ditto, LR tire
12 = ditto, RR tire
13 = ditto, spare tire
14 = Inclination sensor
15 = Attempt to interfere with Alarm Siren.
16 = Immobilizer
17 = Attempt to disconnect Trailer from vehicle
255 = No alarm triggering event recorded
So, if you see the number "5" recorded as the cause of your last 4 alarm triggers, something is wrong with the switch that determines that the trunk is closed - so, you do the troubleshooting there. It's generally quite easy to find the problem once you have been directed to the source of the problem by the 'flight data recorder', so to speak.

Mine is showing code 15: Attempt to interfere with Alarm Siren. I think the siren battery is dying and losing communication with the comfort module.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts