Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife wants a Teg. What is the opinion of persons who have driven with and without the air suspension? She will never use any of the air options, change anything etc. Just turn key and drive.
Is the ride significantly different, or is the air suspension something for somebody who wants to fiddle and tune the ride? Is the spring suspension adequate/comfortable?
The dealer has one that has the right color combos, but has the springs. Will I have air suspension lust when I have to drive?

thanks in advance, jb

· Registered
121 Posts
Dropping to loading level is great for entry - elderly, vertically challenged, sore back etc.
Pulling a trailer- levels regardless of tongue weight.- terrific
I've used the extra clearence many times in cottage country- not off road- just with no concern of bottoming with driveway entrances etc.
I think resale of this option will remain very high.

Attachments

· Registered
119 Posts
I drove both and decided to buy the springs and not the air suspension. For me it's not worthe its high price.
If you are planning on rear heavy off-road trips, take the air; if not take the springs.

I have askesd this question in an other forum and 93% of them driving the springs would buy the springs again when they bought a new car now (7% would go for the air). And from the people driving the air, 11% would buy the springs next time and 89% would buy the air again.

· Registered
26 Posts
In "auto" it is turn key and do not worry and drive.
For most 98% "auto" is the mode to use / Focus on that. Only special let me correct "very special" occasion do you NEED other drive/load level. All that said, air will always drive neutral and you will not feel differences due to load (passengers, trailer, boat or whatever). I have driven both and I feel more road fibration in springs. I have the air and think it is worth the extra money even though Stef stats show more people pick springs.

One important point to cover where do you live / drive?
In EURO what i have seen ~ 5000 $ for just air. In US you get air, xenon, nav, convenience, nappa, silver roof rack for 6800.
Oh did I mention the high speed future to lower the vehicle above 80 miles for you safety .... "priceless"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.