Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new-to-me tire inflation hose. It works GREAT!!

I bought it so I could air up my tires myself after a day of 4 wheeling instead of having to find a service station and carry a roll of quarters.

Because the reservoir is already at a fairly high pressure, it re-inflated my tire from 20psi back to 35-40 psi very quickly. The compressor cycled on and off as I inflated the tire, but by no means was it ever overworked. The inflator gauge is made of cheap plastic, so you can't drop or drag it on the ground, but it does the job.

I only tested it on one tire, but I have no concerns about it being able to air up all 4 tires from 20psi back to 35psi. In fact, it took longer for me to bleed air OUT of the tire than it did to re-inflate it.

FWIW, I bought my used hose for less than the cost of a good new air compressor.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Do you know of a good source for this hose (or its part number)? I am in need of one also.

·
Registered
135 Posts
That is a pretty dear price! The hunt is on.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It took me over 6 months to convince myself I needed one (vs an electric compressor) and then find one at a reasonably decent price.

·
Registered
314 Posts
An advantage to a custom air suspension setup...

The blue connection point is a standard quick connect for a basic coil hose for $10. So any time I need air, it's readily available... :)

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
You can get one made up quite cheaply by any good shop that deals with air compressors.

You will need your own, separate, tire pressure gauge though!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts